Chat GPT & Generative AI tools

A place to discuss anything.
Euler

I once wrote a Hungry Horace editor in the memory left over when it was fully loaded on a 16k Spectrum. I find modern code pretty bloated by comparison.
Archangel

I wonder if any of the ads we see on TV now are AI generated. If not, I reckon it wont be long before they all are. Pretty scary if you work in the creative content business for one. But maybe it will create opportunities elsewhere
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:15 pm
I once wrote a Hungry Horace editor in the memory left over when it was fully loaded on a 16k Spectrum. I find modern code pretty bloated by comparison.
I remember typing in ZX81, 1K chess :D

16k rampak , held on with an elastic band
Euler

I once coded all night with a good friend of mine and multiple times we would accidentally wobble the ram pack and lose all our work. Having a structure that kept it solid, was a real must.
Fugazi

Euler wrote:
Im 30, so before my time.. however! Found a ZX spectrum.. rubber keys in the family attic.

Sadly seems dust or something got to it, couldn't get it working.

Not that tapes used to load anyway 😅 My brother (40) said he spent a long time coding pong on it
Hepburn

Euler wrote:
Hungry Horace goes skiing! I loved that game, but not as much as sabre wolf! :lol:

Load " "
LeTiss

Euler wrote:
I had Hungry Horace on a Commodore 64. Great game. They had a facility where you could devise your own screens. That was real cutting edge stuff in the early 80's
sniffer66

Jet Set Willy and Manic Miner were favourites for me, then Defender on the BBC

Amazing, when you think how far we've come
Archangel

I wonder where we will be in another 40 or 50 years.
Will todays cutting edge technology just look like Pong !
wearthefoxhat

Archangel wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:34 am

There's wearable tech that can read your brain-waves when trying to solve a complex mathematical problem and give you the answer as though you solved it

Emotiv.png

4DForce Pic.png

Just a matter of time when something like the next gen Chat gpt is plugged into your brain....and then.....

borg.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andy28

Just wondering what people think of copilot, i was asking it a few questions on trading and it gave me a link to caanberry, that made me go hmm........
conduirez

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:08 pm
Archangel wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:34 am

There's wearable tech that can read your brain-waves when trying to solve a complex mathematical problem and give you the answer as though you solved it

Emotiv.png

4DForce Pic.png

Just a matter of time when something like the next gen Chat gpt is plugged into your brain....and then.....

borg.png
There seems to be a lot of development in smart contact lenses now, I expect it will not be long before you can switch from normal vision to viewing a 3-d game, or a TV show on the lenses.
Trader724

Figure is an AI Robotics company building the world's first commercially viable autonomous humanoid robot.

🤖
Euler

The bridge to a humanoid has been considerably shortened thanks to generative AI. Interacting with something was always going to be the hard part and most of the barrier has been removed.
foxwood

Trader724 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:33 am
Figure is an AI Robotics company building the world's first commercially viable autonomous humanoid robot.

🤖
Scary or fake - don't expect AI to say "er" as it does at 0:52 ... "because it's the only er edible item".

Also its use of "it's" instead of "it is" at that point.

At least he didn't give it a cuddle and it does appear to "live" in a cage !

Return to “General discussion”