Another Betfair Account

A place to discuss anything.
oliver123

It would have been just about a year ago when I decided to quit Betfair. I'll spare you the details but it wasn't serious or anything like that. Anyway, yesterday I decided to start using Betfair again but I couldn't. I found out that you could start another account as long as you use a different bank account. Is this true?
Derek27

oliver123 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:04 am
It would have been just about a year ago when I decided to quit Betfair. I'll spare you the details but it wasn't serious or anything like that. Anyway, yesterday I decided to start using Betfair again but I couldn't. I found out that you could start another account as long as you use a different bank account. Is this true?
I guess so. I once had two Betfair accounts (no longer allowed unless it's a master/sub accounts) and they wouldn't allow me to use the same bank account for both of them. But trust me, opening a new bank account is much, much easier than dealing with Betfair so just open another bank account.

Alternatively, you can use an e-wallet, PayPal or PaySafe cards.
ShaunWhite

oliver123 wrote:
yesterday I decided to start using Betfair again but I couldn't.
Did you self excluded? I had a ten year break from Betfair (06-16) and just carried on with the same account as if nothing had happened, and recently I used my wife's account which hadn't been used for at least 15 yrs. If you've self excluded you'll probably need a whole new identity, if an addict (not you but in general) could just resume by changing banks it wouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Changing address would probably be enough though because for some reason they don't ask for your social security, passport or national identity number..... I don't think they do anyway.
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:14 pm
oliver123 wrote:
Did you self excluded? I had a ten year break from Betfair (06-16) and just carried on with the same account as if nothing had happened, and recently I used my wife's account which hadn't been used for at least 15 yrs. If you've self excluded you'll probably need a whole new identity, if an addict (not you but in general) could just resume by changing banks it wouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Changing address would probably be enough though because for some reason they don't ask for your social security, passport or national identity number..... I don't think they do anyway.
Don't Betfair charge you a 12-month inactivity fee?

It's something I've always feared which is why I keep placing bets. ;)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:52 pm
Don't Betfair charge you a 12-month inactivity fee?

It's something I've always feared which is why I keep placing bets. ;)
Maybe they became dormant prior to inactivity fees being introduced, then they wouldn't have been allowed to assume I'd accepted the terms retrospectively? If I'd logged on and they said by the way 10yrs ago we started charging I'd have definately disputed any liability.
jamesedwards

Inactivity fees only exist to allow Betfair to clear down dormant accounts. They are only applicable while you have a balance and any inactivity fee actually taken is refundable from Betfair on request.
jamesedwards

I will never use any self-protection tools with any Operator.

You never know how the use of such a tool on any single product will spread as a 'red flag' within that Operator, and anyone could merge with anyone in the future. Plus the potentially forthcoming 'single customer view' process will force Operators to share your data and any such 'red flags' with each other.

Setting a deposit limit today on Slots at Sun Bingo could eventually lead to forced exclusion from all gambling at some point in the future.
hadyn68

This happened to me. I wanted to close my unused skybet account but tried to do it on my phone and could only find self exclude which I did. Unknown to me - I didn't read the small print it also excluded my Belfair account. Hopefully I will get it back in November but I don't have the highest hope if I'm honest. So I am now using betdaq but it has its limitation when it comes to trying to use bet angel with it. I'm looking for ways to get another Belfair account at the moment, but not found any sure ways yet. Can anyone help?
cmuddle

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:14 pm
oliver123 wrote:

One probably will need to change ones name too?
ShaunWhite

cmuddle wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:47 pm
One probably will need to change ones name too?
You might be alright with John Smith but if its "X AE A-XII" and your surname isn't Musk then they'd probably spot you :)
motorhead

oliver123 wrote:
I seriously doubt that, it takes seconds to open a online banking, I would have 100 acccounts by now.

Return to “General discussion”