Volume meets price on BF Graph

Share your automation file with other users.
beermonsterman

Hi Guys im trying my best to work out how to identify in automation for when the volume spikes up past price as seen in this pic how is this best described ? and how can i get automation to recognise this please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:01 am
Hi Guys im trying my best to work out how to identify in automation for when the volume spikes up past price as seen in this pic how is this best described ? and how can i get automation to recognise this please
I actually don't think there's a correlation here as there are two convenient scales on the left and right Y axis that allow both to be represented within the same space.

I guess a better frame for the question might be "how can I correlate volume and price". The graph does admittedly push you into thinking that there's some sort of crossover.

What you could do is to keep some sort of tracking of volume and price and normalise both out to 100% (a bit like a book value). You could then look at the relationship between the two normalised values to see if opportunity exists when either metric crosses over the respective 50% line. In short, you'd have to box up the volume and price samples and apportion them out to their fractions within 100.
beermonsterman

Thank you for your response i did think it wouldnt have much of a relationship
Im trying to get my head around what you explained and is a bit advanced for my brain would you mind giving me a bit more of an explanation on how to calculate that please i would very much appreciate it as i do use that type of formed grapgh as one of my pointers for a pre race trade im trying to automate what i see but finding that so difficult
Thank you again
beermonsterman

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:38 am
beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:01 am
I actually don't think there's a correlation here as there are two convenient scales on the left and right Y axis that allow both to be represented within the same space.

I guess a better frame for the question might be "how can I correlate volume and price". The graph does admittedly push you into thinking that there's some sort of crossover.

What you could do is to keep some sort of tracking of volume and price and normalise both out to 100% (a bit like a book value). You could then look at the relationship between the two normalised values to see if opportunity exists when either metric crosses over the respective 50% line. In short, you'd have to box up the volume and price samples and apportion them out to their fractions within 100.
Sorry Jimibt im asking you to calculate something that dont exist i need to use my own starting point then work from that upwards from my own point of veiw
Is what im getting to after reading your post carefully thanks again.
elofan0

maybe volume% if above book% .......... or other way round
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

elofan0 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:22 pm
That looks like what im after elofan0
Would you be so kind as to tell md how you got them equations from and how i an implement them myself please
Thank you
jimibt

elofan0 wrote:
yup -that looks about right. i did this type of thing a good few years back and was never quite able to draw any firm conclusions on it. I even looked at the changing relationship between the two and the effect on price etc. This was where i derived my (then famous) expression regarding pistons as the boxed in values MUST equate to 100%, therefore as one changes, the others react in concord thus analogous to the movement of pistons in an engine.

Is still a fascinating journey tho when you start exploring boxed up parameters and seeing if you can correlate their relationships (inverse or otherwise).
elofan0

heres how i did it using stored values
Last edited by elofan0 on Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beermonsterman

elofan0 wrote:
I got the percentages to show but i am struggling with how to get the sum of the two any help on that please guys i got stored value for volume percentage and stored value for back book percentage just need to find a way of finding the difference calculation for my 2 stored values ?
Dallas

Are you looking for
A) a single price spike where the volume is greater than the current price?
B) just when the total traded volume% of a runner is greater than the Price?

From what I can see the suggestion by elofan0 will do 'B' from above

If its 'A he is correct in using the book% and as one value, but to check for a single bet/large increase within a second or two you'd need to continually test the current volume and look for an increase relative to that (which then must be greater than the book%)
beermonsterman

elofan0 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:53 pm
heres how i did it using stored values
sorted thank you this was very helpful :D
beermonsterman

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:21 pm
Are you looking for

If its 'A he is correct in using the book% and as one value, but to check for a single bet/large increase within a second or two you'd need to continually test the current volume and look for an increase relative to that (which then must be greater than the book%)
Thank you Dallas its B im after
Dallas

beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:21 pm
Are you looking for

Thank you Dallas its B im after
Now you've clarified it elofan0 will probably be able to give you an updated example (I'm quite busy tonight and in the morning), but if he's not had chance to do it by tomorrow afternoon and if no one else has done it either i'll pop up some instructions or example for you tomorrow evening
elofan0

yeah its just book% minus volume % for each selection ... busy day with grandkids sorry for slow reply
i uploaded 1 wrong description earlier just the one above
beermonsterman

elofan0 wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:40 pm
yeah its just book% minus volume % for each selection ... busy day with grandkids sorry for slow reply
i uploaded 1 wrong description earlier just the one above
very much appreciated :D

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”