Volume meets price on BF Graph

Share your automation file with other users.
beermonsterman

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:22 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:23 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:21 pm
Are you looking for
A) a single price spike where the volume is greater than the current price?
B) just when the total traded volume% of a runner is greater than the Price?

From what I can see the suggestion by elofan0 will do 'B' from above

If its 'A he is correct in using the book% and as one value, but to check for a single bet/large increase within a second or two you'd need to continually test the current volume and look for an increase relative to that (which then must be greater than the book%)
Thank you Dallas its B im after
Now you've clarified it elofan0 will probably be able to give you an updated example (I'm quite busy tonight and in the morning), but if he's not had chance to do it by tomorrow afternoon and if no one else has done it either i'll pop up some instructions or example for you tomorrow evening
That would be perfect Dallas thank you
elofan0

Im no expert but theres been some great help on this forum .. and im sure theres some great things to come
Archery1969

I looked at something similar to this for greyhounds whereby the difference between Book% - Volume% <= -50% or Book% - Volume% >= +50%.

It seemed to work well at those extremes and prices nearly always reversed on A1 to A11 grades on the favourite.

But it was very inconsistent on other runners apart from the favourite and grades not mentioned above like ‘OR’. I suspect the reason for that was those race types are highly competitive with all runners being top rated in the race to some extent.

I tried this again tonight and one favourite dropped to 2.26 and then increased in price by a large amount of ticks.
elofan0

I think there has to be enough selection money in a market because say 50% could be hardly anything if low money in the market
Dallas

elofan0 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:58 am
I think there has to be enough selection money in a market because say 50% could be hardly anything if low money in the market
Y, when I was thinking about it last night I realised it might not be as straight forward as it first appears, once racing is over this afternoon i'll put pen to paper and try and step through the logic of what would be needed
Dallas

Actually just looking at it now and its not going to be possible, the volumes on the 'Y' axis are of course relevant to each particular selection/runner and the amount traded on it
Screenshot 2023-06-16 151910.jpg

As that's different for each it'll be impossible to tell if the most recent amount matched is enough to push it above where the book% would be, each chart would need to use the same volume scale in order to cross check one with the other
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elofan0

yeah dallas i agree but end of the day the final say will be book% above volume as the race comes to an end 99%
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:23 pm
Actually just looking at it now and its not going to be possible....
Haven't really been keeping up but isn't this a twist on the good old imbalanced book idea. Ie <>50% vol on a 2.0 or <>10% vol on the 10.0.

If so I'll just throw in that that sort of bookmaking view on maintaining a balanced book doesn't have the same drivers in an exchange. A bookie has to consider paying out on anything, but on an exchange that's not the case. There isn't the same incentive for prices to return to levels that are in proportion to their volume.
beermonsterman

Very interesting views you guys have its great too get a look into the minds of automation professionals but i think what you guys are saying is still above my automation capability
beermonsterman

so would any one say this can be done or is it flawed ?
ShaunWhite

beermonsterman wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:13 am
but i think what you guys are saying is still above my automation capability
When people start manually trading they seem happy enough to sit there for hour after hour, month after month watching content or playing with the ladder for 000s of hours. And some manage to do OK. Automation is no different in terms of effort, but the 000s of hours isn't all the fun of watching sports and playing on the ladder video game, it's grinding away learning technical stuff, data handling, analysis etc...and if you're lucky some of it isn't as boring as fck.

My point is that you can't avoid the work either way, and if you need knowledge you have to be prepared to learn it... but if you choose automation there's no "trading" or watching sport on the telly, it's an IT job.
beermonsterman

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:51 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:13 am
but i think what you guys are saying is still above my automation capability
When people start manually trading they seem happy enough to sit there for hour after hour, month after month watching content or playing with the ladder for 000s of hours. And some manage to do OK. Automation is no different in terms of effort, but the 000s of hours isn't all the fun of watching sports and playing on the ladder video game, it's grinding away learning technical stuff, data handling, analysis etc...and if you're lucky some of it isn't as boring as fck.

My point is that you can't avoid the work either way, and if you need knowledge you have to be prepared to learn it... but if you choose automation there's no "trading" or watching sport on the telly, it's an IT job.
Couldn't agree more Shaun i've learnt excel to a basic level and i can navigate my way around automation pretty well too i put a lot of effort in just seems my efforts are misplaced i read this forum a lot trying to catch snippets of info i will get their as i do work hard at it
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:58 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:23 pm
Actually just looking at it now and its not going to be possible....
Haven't really been keeping up but isn't this a twist on the good old imbalanced book idea. Ie <>50% vol on a 2.0 or <>10% vol on the 10.0.

If so I'll just throw in that that sort of bookmaking view on maintaining a balanced book doesn't have the same drivers in an exchange. A bookie has to consider paying out on anything, but on an exchange that's not the case. There isn't the same incentive for prices to return to levels that are in proportion to their volume.
Yes sort of, originally but looking for a way of identifying when a single traded volume bar on the BF chart crossed the price line
elofan0

no professional here just a novice but indicators are nothing more than a way of highlighting change in percentage or volume or direction etc
Dallas will come up with something im sure ......... its way out my ball park :D
Dallas

elofan0 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:36 pm
no professional here just a novice but indicators are nothing more than a way of highlighting change in percentage or volume or direction etc
Dallas will come up with something im sure ......... its way out my ball park :D
There is an example here which measures the volume%, Book%, and VWAP% and there change since a chosen point which is very similar to the example you provided on the previous page just a few more pieces of information
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=22993

Since that was made we can now use Value based colour settings which would definitely work better than a fixed colour as it currently is

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”