Volume meets price on BF Graph

Share your automation file with other users.
sionascaig

Struggling to understand what's trying to be achieved here but if you are looking at volume (over time) and price shouldn't VWAP factor into it (or VWAP over whatever time period you are interested in)...

Am sure Dallas had some nice automation somewhere for looking at crossovers.
ShaunWhite

elofan0 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:36 pm
no professional here just a novice but indicators are nothing more than.....
.... a description of the past and they're very little use for predicting the future in isolation.
beermonsterman

This is what i like to see when trading moves pre race spikes through price the more the better would like automation to spot these if possible ? but i have noticed the graph changes and the spike no longer shows passing the price line.
beermonsterman

beermonsterman wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 8:00 pm
This is what i like to see when trading moves pre race spikes through price the more the better would like automation to spot these if possible ? but i have noticed the graph changes and the spike no longer shows passing the price line.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archery1969

beermonsterman wrote:
beermonsterman wrote:
I think I know what you need. Other software shows when say x amount is dropped on one side of the market and vice Versa. They call it LTA. I used this on greyhounds when someone dropped say £500 on the lay side and odds quickly shot up.
sionascaig

beermonsterman wrote:
The volume chart just scales to whatever the 2*max volume spike is. Its arbitrary in that way - change the volume scale and you can have as many or as few spikes through the price chart as you like.

Suspect what you really want to measure is the volume volatility (and want to see a high number)?

If so you could track a smoothed average volume (there are graphs for this) and look for spikes that are out with some multiple of std deviation of the average?
beermonsterman

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:36 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
The volume chart just scales to whatever the 2*max volume spike is. Its arbitrary in that way - change the volume scale and you can have as many or as few spikes through the price chart as you like.

Suspect what you really want to measure is the volume volatility (and want to see a high number)?

If so you could track a smoothed average volume (there are graphs for this) and look for spikes that are out with some multiple of std deviation of the average?
This sounds good how would i find this please or create the graph .
sionascaig

beermonsterman wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:51 pm

This sounds good how would i find this please or create the graph .
Have a look at the advanced charts, might be something there that you can already use / modify.

(and maybe check forum to see if anyone has posted something on advanced charts - there may be other examples there)

edit - found it viewforum.php?f=67
Atho55

If you can convert what you want to see to be either yes it`s that (1) or no it`s not (0) then using SV`s can trigger a matrix of these 1 or 0 values on the 1 click screen. These same values can then trigger your bets.

1 or 0 Signals.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elofan0

Looks Good ATHO 55 well done
the colour grades i have on one click are a good indicator but things can still change when you think your home and dry especially in a sprint
sniffer66

sionascaig wrote:
beermonsterman wrote:

I did something like this a while ago where I used History Lists to save volume every x seconds for for a market , then calculate the average volume/time. Then calculate the average volume for the last say, 10 secs, using the same History List and alert if that recent volume\time was % greater than the market average. I was looking to use it as an indicator in a tennis match and to see f there was any correlation with that spike to a given result
elofan0

plenty spikes on fav
Dallas

beermonsterman wrote:
beermonsterman wrote:
Have you thought about just looking at the past volume and triggering it when there is a relative increase over a previous high traded amount ie, 50%

For example you could use a condition to first say the min traded volume in the last 'X' secs (something around the lime you have your BF chart set to update) is >£500
Then the second condition will test when the volume is 50% greater than the previous highest traded amount above £500
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 8:35 pm
sionascaig wrote:
beermonsterman wrote:

I did something like this a while ago where I used History Lists to save volume every x seconds for for a market , then calculate the average volume/time. Then calculate the average volume for the last say, 10 secs, using the same History List and alert if that recent volume\time was % greater than the market average. I was looking to use it as an indicator in a tennis match and to see f there was any correlation with that spike to a given result
:D I should have read the rest of the posts first before replying to the first message since I last looked at the topic lol

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”