US Open Golf - 2023

Realrocknrolla

Still wide open this... Fowler playing a blinder and Rory also.

Still think Scheffler will have a good 2nd half.
Crazyskier

Yes, Rory looks strong and focused, probably with extra motivation after the debacle of the LIV Tour offering hundreds of millions of dollars that he and Tiger rejected on principle, only for Monahan and the PGA to be brought by dirty Saudi money and agree to a merger of the tours. Needless to say, the many players that did take dirty money to defect to LIV don't have to return their cash.

I hope on principle that Rory wins this US Open, though I suspect that his nerves and emotions might get the better of him if leading. Xander, Scotty and an inspired Fowler do seem to be the main contenders thus far.

CS
megarain

Leaders go out at almost mid-nite - tough to trade, but have watched about 15 hrs of the first 2 days play.

DJ / English/ Bennet and a host of others have all played really well on a v tough course.

I would be surprised to see Rory or Fowler win - think its got the makings of a classic slug-fest - just depends what winning score the USGA want.

Luckily, no rain is forecast.
Dublin_Flyer

Getting interesting now, -11, -10, -8 and -7 all on the 10th or 11th holes, someone can be an eagle or a double bogie away from contention or disaster! McIlroy (-10) just missed a 18ft put by a fraction, he's gone 26 puts from 7ft+ without getting in the hole now.
Fowler on -8 just hit into a bunker and Clark on -11 into the soft rough as I was typing, it's getting really good now! :)
Euler

I wish I could have traded this but I had other commitments this weekend which meant I coulnd't. Looked like I missed a cracker.
megarain

It finished pretty late (2.40 am UK) - so hope the part-time job going ok. :D :D

Sky pics were about 12 secs behind USA pics
Euler

megarain wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:54 am
It finished pretty late (2.40 am UK) - so hope the part-time job going ok. :D :D

Sky pics were about 12 secs behind USA pics
I never would have made that! But will look at the data today.

Return to “Trading Golf”