Are there any plans to provide up to date excel version templates?

Discussion regarding the spreadsheet functionality of Bet Angel.
jackg1986

Hi,

I have recently downloaded the bet angel software and have just started to play around with the excel templates. It seems they are in the old file format 97-2003.

Whilst I saved the template down as a .xlsx it still comes up with the "compatibility" message, which whilst not the end of the world is a bit annoying. Also for some reason it's doesn't seem to like me copy/pasting to other non bet angel excel sheets. I like to paste values and it just doesn't let me, seems to think I'm pasting an image in or something like that.

So just wondering if there is a new, up to date template planned, or perhaps a community built one that already exists?

Thanks.
petergray

I understand your frustration. The Bet Angel Excel templates are indeed in the old file format 97-2003. This is because Bet Angel was originally developed for Excel 2003, and the templates have not been updated since then.

There are a few reasons why the templates are still in the old file format. First, it is backward compatible with all versions of Excel from 2003 onwards. This means that you can open the templates in any version of Excel, even if you are using the latest version.

Second, the old file format is simpler and more efficient than the newer file format. This means that the templates load faster and use less memory. However I understand that the compatibility message can be annoying, and that the templates may not work perfectly in all versions of Excel. If you are having problems with the templates, you can try the following:

Save the templates as a .xlsx file. This will convert them to the newer file format, but it may not fix all of the problems. Try using a different version of Excel. If you are using an older version of Excel, try updating to the latest version. If you are using the latest version of Excel, try using an older version of Excel.

Return to “Bet Angel - Spreadsheet / Excel chat”