Tour De France 2023

Any markets not covered in the other boards
Michael5482

Tour De France will take me nicely to the start of the football season more or less. Always find it a good watch.

Good luck to Mark Cavendish fingers crossed he can pull one last stage out the bag to pull clear of Eddie Merckx's before he retires.

Looks like a 2 horse race between Vinegaard and Pogacar on the market. Plenty can happen between now and Paris.
Dallas

Would be amazing to see him take at least one stage but its not going to be easy, think he really needs to do it in the first half of the race before hitting the Alps and Pyrenees, after that i'm not sure if he'll have the fitness to pull one off
Dallas

Manx Missile Currently available to back 3s for a stage win
sionascaig

Yup, really hoping Cavendish beats the Merckx record for most stage wins - am convinced he was dropped from the "french" team last year to stop it happening !

If you haven't seen the netflix doc on last years race, it is worth a watch.
Dallas

sionascaig wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 am
Yup, really hoping Cavendish beats the Merckx record for most stage wins - am convinced he was dropped from the "french" team last year to stop it happening !

If you haven't seen the netflix doc on last years race, it is worth a watch.
I didn't know there was a doc on it, i'll have to check that out myself - thanks :)

I do agree 100% he was dropped last year solely to stop him getting from that last win - so will be both a bit of karma and one in the eye of the French if he manages it this year
Michael5482

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:37 am
Manx Missile Currently available to back 3s for a stage win
Stages 3 & 4 appear to be the first viable sprint stages for him to have a go. Hopefully he'll drift a bit and I'll probably have a dable.
henbet22

Its a tricky one to weigh up. Arguably one of the reasons Pog lost last year because he burnt a lot of matches early on. Stage 5 on the cobbles springs to mind. JonVin was clearly the better rider over three weeks. So if Pog is undercooked which is possible then maybe he will bide his time? Or is he not that type of rider? Or does he bounce back with a bang? So hard to call. 2.44 defending champion could be a steal but it feels like a stab in the semi-dark. 4 Summit finishes including Puy de Dome. Stages 5 and 6 should tell us a lot. Hope it is a tour for the ages. Should be epic.
Would love to see Cav get the record.
Derek27

Does anyone find this market lucrative?

I traded it for small stakes last year but I think I'll just be watching it when I can this time.
Archangel

Been watching Tour De France Unchained on Netflix.

Interesting to see how team politics works and how cut throat the whole race is
greenmark

Can't decide between TDF, F1 or the test and then u21 later. From sports viewing withdrawal to overload. Sheesh!!
Oh and Lingfield at 17:30. Good grief!! I'm going to nucking fackered.
Dallas

greenmark wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:45 pm
Can't decide between TDF, F1 or the test and then u21 later. From sports viewing withdrawal to overload. Sheesh!!
Oh and Lingfield at 17:30. Good grief!! I'm going to nucking fackered.
I feel your pain, I've had my TV on split screen all day to view TDF, Tennis final, Horse Racing
Now its just horse racing with the TDF in the corner :)
Michael5482

+1 :lol: been flicking between ITV racing when they were going off and Tour De France, now watching England (w) v Portugal (w) then move back to the Tour when the peloton gets the hammer down
Archangel

I have split between TDF and Ashes. Also got the Blast and tennis on laptop :lol:
Archangel

What an amazing spectacle that was, Adam Yates leading his brother Simon Yates to the line to win the first stage after both worked together to break away!!
Michael5482

Archangel wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:26 pm
What an amazing spectacle that was, Adam Yates leading his brother Simon Yates to the line to win the first stage after both worked together to break away!!
Absolutely superb, elite sport at it's very best. Great to see two brothers from the UK take 1st and 2nd on the 1st stage of the Tourr de France.

Shame about Mas and Carapaz.

Return to “Other Betfair Sports Trading markets”