Women's World Cup 2023

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:15 am
He can't win.

If he did go....the environmental nutters would accuse him of damaging the planet, just to watch a football match
He doesn't have any qualms travelling halfway around the planet to receive almost as much abuse as I give Scottish Power. :mrgreen:

I've had lengthy arguments on this forum about what use the royal family are, but I would have thought if they had any purpose whatsoever, it would be to support our girls who are on the verge of creating history. I'm pretty sure he'd be over there in a flash if it was the men's final, along with his dad and Sunak. Even if they all have genuine reasons for not turning up it's a poor message to send out.

The environmental nutters are just that, nobody gives a fuck about them, you can't ignore what the team has achieved because of environmental nuts.
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:35 am
LeTiss wrote:
He can't win.

If he did go....the environmental nutters would accuse him of damaging the planet, just to watch a football match
He doesn't have any qualms travelling halfway around the planet to receive almost as much abuse as I give Scottish Power. :mrgreen:

I've had lengthy arguments on this forum about what use the royal family are, but I would have thought if they had any purpose whatsoever, it would be to support our girls who are on the verge of creating history. I'm pretty sure he'd be over there in a flash if it was the men's final, along with his dad and Sunak. Even if they all have genuine reasons for not turning up it's a poor message to send out.

The environmental nutters are just that, nobody gives a fuck about them, you can't ignore what the team has achieved because of environmental nuts.
His other visits will most likely be pre-arranged state visits. Like Le Tiss said whatever he chooses to do the same people will complain either way.

Just another way to have a go at him and the royal family for no real reason or purpose. He's made his decision explained the reason and sent the girls a message of support. Nothing wrong with that just as there's nothing wrong with him going if he chose to do so.

If they win they'll be lauded at Buckingham Palace and again the same people will be out spouting out their narrative about they should of been there and now there jumping on the bandwagon inviting them the to Buckingham Palace. It's all very predictable.
Derek27

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:01 am
He's made his decision explained the reason...
It's his reason that I found funny, too far to travel for a short time. :)

It's not official, just what I heard on the Sky press preview.
Michael5482

Good luck to the girls this morning. Last couple of games you can see they have that will to win along with lifting the intensity and energy levels. Hopefully we'll have to much for the Spanish and bring the trophy home.

Come on England!
Derek27

Good luck girls. Sorry I can't stay up to watch the match, but I'll be thinking of you all in bed. :D :D
sionascaig

LeTiss wrote:
He can't win.

The palace have have already used this excuse for him not going - can't justify the environmental footprint... He is however jetting off next month to a summit on climate change... You couldn't make it up...
Last edited by sionascaig on Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:35 am
Even if they all have genuine reasons for not turning up it's a poor message to send out.
The poor message is that the 'nutters' (including anti-royalists jumping on a bandwagon) can't see that a senior royals' diary can't be changed at a few days notice. And if he did fly all the way there and back just for a few hours watching a football match then all the Kevins and Staceys will feel justified in flying off for 2 holidays a year interfilled with weekends in Prague!
sionascaig

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:13 am

The poor message is that the 'nutters' (including anti-royalists jumping on a bandwagon) can't see that a senior royals' diary can't be changed at a few days notice. And if he did fly all the way there and back just for a few hours watching a football match then all the Kevins and Staceys will feel justified in flying off for 2 holidays a year interfilled with weekends in Prague!
"The poor message...." was the video he released to the British public to say sorry he couldn't be arsed going which failed to mention the obvious question "why"... He even dragged his daughter into it for some sympathy votes. Shameful exploitation of children to protect the royal "brand".

Anyhow - come on the English ladies.....
elofan0

Good Luck The Lionesses .. The Biggest match for them so far .. Bring it Home !!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

Good Luck the Lionesses!

in Broken Britain we could do with something that spreads joy.
Dallas

Good luck and hope you's can bring it home
Dallas

Thats not good
Michael5482

Need to dig deep now still plenty of time
greenmark

Wiegman is going to earn her money at halftime here. Spain are all over us. Our passing is normally a key factor, but Spain are mobbing the ball. Logically if you overload like that there must be England players unmarked, but it doesn't feel like it.
Euler

Spain totally dictated that first half.

Return to “Football trading”