New beta version of Bet Angel v1.61.0 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are pleased to announce that a new beta version of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.61.0 beta1

Download it from here: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_61_0.exe

Bet Angel VPS only version: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAPSE_1_61_0.exe

We have tested this in alpha over the last few weeks and any bugs found have been fixed. We feel it’s ready for beta release to the community ahead of its formal public release.

Edited: 11th Sept to update download links ready for general release.

As with all betas, please gain confidence with the version before using full stakes. If you spot any issues, please post them to this thread.

In this version we have significantly enhanced the features of the Bet Angel API with a new Betting component and upgrades to the Markets component. We have also implemented a number of customer ideas and suggestions. All changes are detailed below.

Features of v1.61.0

Bet Angel API
  • The Markets component now supports the retrieval of market prices and bet information from Bet Angel
  • A new Betting component has been created which provides methods for bet placement, modification, cancellation, trade closure and greening all selections.
    • As you are requesting that Bet Angel places the bets (rather than using the betfair API directly), you will be able to attach global settings (offsetting, stop, batches etc). When modifying an unmatched bet you will not be restricted to only changing the price OR the stake, you will be able to change both in a single call if you wish. Bet Angel will manage the necessary calls to the betfair API.
    • Each method in the Betting component can be marked 'asynchronous' so that the call to the Bet Angel API returns immediately while Bet Angel makes a call to betfair in the background. Asynchronous calls return a 'pending result Id' which can be used later to check with the Betting component how the betting operation is progressing.
  • Extra settings for Bet Angel API have be added so that remote calls can be supported rather than just using localhost
  • Smaller changes
    • The getMarkets operation can now return the in-play status
    • The applyCoupon operation now returns the list of market ids that were added by the coupon
  • The example HTML / JavaScript test page has been updated to support the new operations
  • The API reference documentation has been updated and can be found here.

Automation - Editor & Conditions
  • The General page of the Rules Editor now has a new checkbox to 'Add market's betting delay' to trigger time to easily adapt to markets with variable in-play betting delays.
  • When using 'Export All Stored Values' there is now an option to 'Limit export to specific Stored Value Names'
    • i.e. you can enter a list of SV Names that you are interested in, and only they will be exported.
    • Also when exporting, there's a new option to 'Append Date' to the Filename
  • The 'Tennis Fixed Score' and 'Tennis Relative Score' conditions now have options to support tie-break points

Automation - Stored Values
  • 'Unmatched Bet information of the market' data item has been added to offer similar functionality as 'Unmatched Bet information of the selection', but looking at the unmatched bets of ALL selections in the market.
  • 'The number of bets' information type has been added for both 'Matched Bet information of the market' and 'Matched Bet information of a selection'
  • 'The Days Since Last Run of a selection' data item has been added
  • 'The Predicted Goals for the Match' data item has been added. Note: requires the match's Correct Score market to be added to Guardian
  • New options have been added to the Adjustment picklist which allow the value to be 'Converted from Price to Ticks' and 'Converted from Ticks to Price'. Note: Ticks count up in ladder increments from 1.01

Watch Lists
  • The values used by a Watch List when sorting the markets and/or the selections can now be taken from a specified Stored Value.
    • i.e. Watch Lists now support custom sorting.
    • This can be directly specified in the Watch List menu or via the Coupon editor
  • A bug has been fixed in the display of Tennis Scores when the score feed from betfair incorrectly tags one (but not both) of the players with the wrong id

Guardian
  • The second picklist on the Coupon page of the sidebar has new options to '(select in Guardian)' the markets that are added to Guardian using this feature.
    • i.e. When using this option, the new markets that are added will be pre-selected in Guardian, which makes it easier to add Automation Rules to only those markets (whether by keystroke or via the Guardian header menu).

Other changes
  • A new keyboard shortcut option has been added to the editor so that the Global Settings Profile can be changed with a shortcut
  • New command line parameter for BetAngel.exe
    • To set the login page to Practice mode, start Bet Angel using BetAngel.exe /MODE:PRACTICE
    • To set the login page to Live mode, start Bet Angel using BetAngel.exe /MODE:LIVE
decomez6

thank you bet angel team.png

- additional matched bet condition selection and market

- Data trimming using dates and names .

nicely done :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Very nice additions to the API, and custom sorting by SV on Watch Lists is a very decent update.

Thank you !

EDIT:

"'The Predicted Goals for the Match' data item has been added. Note: requires the match's Correct Score market to be added to Guardian"

I'm curious about this one. How is this being calculated ?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:54 am
"'The Predicted Goals for the Match' data item has been added. Note: requires the match's Correct Score market to be added to Guardian"
Can't go into specific details, but it's derived from the pricing of the correct score market before the start of the match.
sniffer66

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:38 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Can't go into specific details, but it's derived from the pricing of the correct score market before the start of the match.
Thanks BA. I've been using Poisson for a while to look at predicted goals, so will see how this compares
ShaunWhite

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:38 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Can't go into specific details,
Is it an integer? Or could it be 1.6 vs 2.3 etc

Does it change as the gane progresses?

Maybe you can say if its only derived just from the CS market? Or why it might not be the shortest CS which on the surface could be seen as the predicted score?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:16 pm

Decimal value based on the prices before the match starts - not recalculated during the match.
sniffer66

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:36 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:16 pm

Decimal value based on the prices before the match starts - not recalculated during the match.
Was just about to post results of a test. With the 1st watch list header row containing the decimal (2.23****)
Capture.JPG
Given I only applied that test after the match started (but had the CS market loaded pre KO) does BA only calculate that value if the CS market IS loaded pre off ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
decomez6

Make market above _below VWAP.baf
store the number of unmatched bets when the price is above OR below the VWAP /( 2 seperate files)

-then use the stored value to run the bot , only when the number of unmatched for the selection is equal to the above , even when the condition is no longer met.

- aim is to make market above and below vwap with a bias towards the direction of the flow.

Problem :
the number of unmatched bets being stored even when the conditions are not being met , causing the bot to fire constantly.

could it be the version or is just me and my version of cock-ups :)

-
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sniffer66 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:39 pm
Given I only applied that test after the match started (but had the CS market loaded pre KO) does BA only calculate that value if the CS market IS loaded pre off ?
Yes, otherwise it'll log an error message
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

decomez6 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:32 pm

Problem :
the number of unmatched bets being stored even when the conditions are not being met , causing the bot to fire constantly.
Based on your conditions you are going to either set the 'unmatched backs above vwap' or the 'unmatched lays below vwap' Stored Value, as at any time the VWAP is likely to be either above or below the LTP. So one of those gets set to zero when there aren't any unmatched bets. Your bet triggers because 0 = 0 in one of the later conditions.

So from what I can see, the rules are doing what you've asked.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to set in 'unmatched backs above vwap', but currently you are setting it with the total number of unmatched back bets. Perhaps you actually wanted to use 'The number of unmatched bets on the selection above a price' option when setting the stored value?
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:01 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:32 pm

Problem :
Based on your conditions you are going to either set the 'unmatched backs above vwap' or the 'unmatched lays below vwap' Stored Value, as at any time the VWAP is likely to be either above or below the LTP. So one of those gets set to zero when there aren't any unmatched bets. Your bet triggers because 0 = 0 in one of the later conditions.

So from what I can see, the rules are doing what you've asked.
yes, to have them trigger when 0=0 or at any time X=X was intentional.

prevent further triggers whenever X is not equal X ... essentially only allowing one bet through until the balance met( net stake 0) hence making market.
.....just wondering how a file with conditions will return the same outcome as one with no conditions..

much thanks , will look into it. :)
chluke

Looks good!!!

Some ideas )

Automation - Stored Values
- Easily check for blank values. E.g. form data . Currently using form = # #, and then another "text contains" check
- "Replace with". e.g. form = " 234x-q0". Extract last 8 chars and convert text to numbers & 1) Replace 0 with 10. 2) Replace x & - with 1. 3) Replace all others including blanks with 20.
decomez6

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:01 pm
I'm not quite sure what you are trying to set in 'unmatched backs above vwap', but currently you are setting it with the total number of unmatched back bets. Perhaps you actually wanted to use 'The number of unmatched bets on the selection above a price' option when setting the stored value?
Make market above _below VWAP (correct).baf
correct , working as intended.
thanks again.
ilovepizza82

Nice but how can i send a request to get info about specific runner's odds ?
Say the dog's name is "Scooby" and I would like to know:
- 3 best back odds and
- 3 best lay odds.
- and how much money each odds currently have eg. @3.25 £33, @3.3 £64, @3.35 £45 (is it even possible with this release?)

Wish there were more examples in the api guide.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”