Betfair Trading Community Got Exposed

A place to discuss anything.
mikki23

Ever wondered what's behind BTC? lol, These guys are taking a piss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWaJkSf9puk

The highlight? The 'pro trader' accidentally revealing he has only £52 in his Betfair account.
Derek27

They've moved to a new style of thumbnail now for no seamlessly reason just including pictures of female athletes or just random women with cleavage on show. I think they hit a new low on the tennis trading tips for Ace in the market video where they've just used a woman in a bikini. Come on guys, didn't we move on from this kind of advertising like 10 years ago? It's not only that it objectifies women, it's an insult to the people trying to learn trading using these videos. It's like they think you wouldn't click on it if they didn't entice you with a half-dressed woman. It's an insult to your intelligence. And these women are not going to be in the video, although I have been able to watch a few of their videos and I've seen a tit or two.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

flipping hell, I didn't know you could get email addresses with a 10-minute lifespan. :D
Kai

You certainly don't have to be successful to sell stuff nor a trader

But if you get swindled then that's probably on you
clomax8

I often wonder if plonkers like these would just be able to learn to trade if they put as much effort into it as they do scamming people
Kai

clomax8 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:51 am
I often wonder if plonkers like these would just be able to learn to trade if they put as much effort into it as they do scamming people
Well they probably tried but obviously far easier to fake it than to actually make it

Maybe the one positive is creating a learning environment that encourages newbies etc, but if there's no real substance and value behind then you're actively misleading, or worse
ShaunWhite

Scammers only make money because there's people out there who think you can buy just success while other people are having to do the hard miles.

I don't have any sympathy for the lazy greedy people who fall for thing, and presumably think everyone else (aka us) must be stupid for taking years to learn it.
napshnap

clomax8 wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:51 am
Don't think so. They avoid hard work. Btw, some of these rotten people who don't - become cult or political leaders.
ShaunWhite

On a positive note they do bring us lots of lovely new losers. We all make our living from losers so bring it on, unless you want a Nanny State making sure nobody ever loses.
napshnap

Hmm, so they advertise the exchange, bringing us fresh fish... Should we launch a network of "advertisers", AI powerd, maybe))? I know a few Photoshop tricks))!
ShaunWhite

napshnap wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:08 pm
Hmm, so they advertise the exchange, bringing us fresh fish... Should we launch a network of "advertisers", AI powerd, maybe))? I know a few photoshop tricks))!
I don't think the world is short of gambling adverts.
Kai

Speaking of adverts and photoshop tricks, surely there's time for a quick meme then, no offence meant to anyone ;)

Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:55 am
On a positive note they do bring us lots of lovely new losers. We all make our living from losers so bring it on, unless you want a Nanny State making sure nobody ever loses.
Social Darwinism from Shaun? :D
Emmson

To be truthful I do have sympathy for the kind of folk these parasites feed on, people act irrationally when desperate and there are a lot of desperate people who are in dire financial straits in Broken Britain.
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:21 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:55 am
Social Darwinism from Shaun? :D
Unfortunately yes :( I really don't want to fall on that side of the argument but the alternative is a Nanny State. Lesser of two evils.

But I do actually have sympathy for the sub 100 IQ contingent who are easy pickings for people like this or the scum going round selling 5 grand matresses.

Morally(legally) the issue is intent, are they selling what they think could work, or selling what they know doesn't work. They know which it is but the proof would be difficult to establish.

Return to “General discussion”