Football - knowing the CURRENT SCORE

itsmytrade

If l am using correct score market to display expected goals, can l just add this as a 2nd automation rule so that l can see the correct scores once the games go in play.

Just getting into automation and so it might seem like a dumb question to the more experienced traders.🙈
sibur

Hi @itsmytrade . Yes exactly that, once you've added it as a second automation you can refer to the stored value in your first file because it has Event scope.
Kosi10

Amazing tool, thank you!

Anybody noticed that the score is sometimes stored incorrectly when the correct score market does not have any laybet ready due to low liquidity? How could I filter these games out most effectively? Or, how do you guys approach this issue?

Regards, Simon
sibur

Yes the score can go awry with low volumes. Probably best to steer away from bets under these conditions perhaps?
Dallas

Kosi10 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:39 pm
Amazing tool, thank you!

Anybody noticed that the score is sometimes stored incorrectly when the correct score market does not have any laybet ready due to low liquidity? How could I filter these games out most effectively? Or, how do you guys approach this issue?

Regards, Simon
If you use a 'Market Search filter' to find your markets there is an option to filter by volume on that market or the whole event, so you can check the markets at point of search before adding to Guardian
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/fil ... rkets.html

But if you are doing that several hours before KO then you are probably better just adding a volume condition to your rules so they don't trigger unless the volume is greater than £X
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/volume.html
itsmytrade

WelshMage wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:28 pm
This works amazingly well. It took me a while to realise that I needed to change the custom column to pick up CurrentScore from the Event, not the Market, before it suddenly started to display the scores.

So thanks for this. It is so useful. I trade, dutching the correct scores, quite a lot and it is great for that because I don't have to keep checking FlashScore to check what the current score is if I am trading several games at the same time. The info is updated in real time all in one place on Guardian.
How do you go about chnaging custom colum to show correct score. My head as gone west.
sibur

I have a new version (v4) that will flash in Guardian the current score for a period of 1 minute after a goal is detected. A new Event SV has been created for this called CurrentScoreD. If your automation relies on values for the current score - please continue to use the CurrentScore SV which hasn't been changed.
Screenshot 2023-11-28 160918.png
Hopefully this will make it easier to spot score changes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
itsmytrade

Got to give a shout out to Sibur who took the time to explain to me how to add the current correct score into guardian and how to create the custom column. Sometimes you can make one little mistake and what you are trying to achieve will not work and you then become disillusioned with the whole idea of automation.
For some of us it's like painting by numbers to begin with and when someone goes that extra mile to try and help you it only motivates you to try to learn how to use the full potential of betangel to help with any strategies or systems you may have.

I have to juggle the learning side between looking after my elderly father and so l only get a few hours a day max to try and learn that little bit more.

So a shout out to the likes of Sibur, Dallas, Pete Webb and all those willing to help out those if us who are wanting to become more efficient traders with the help of this great automation.

You can't beat reyt folke.
sibur

Glad you're getting somewhere with it although I know there a few more niggles to overcome which we are working on right now. :D
sniffer66

sibur wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:02 pm
Glad you're getting somewhere with it although I know there a few more niggles to overcome which we are working on right now. :D
The biggest issue I find is the huge gaps that appear in price, or sometimes none at all, even in quite liquid markets. CS price moves are all over the place sometimes, especially when a red card is shown

I posted some code a while ago that queries the Sofascore API and passes many of the in game stats, including score, to BA. I've now ported that over to the BA API but it's a real headache matching differing team names between sites to what's in BF (Man City, Manchester City, M City etc), plus it's quite slow on a busy day.

Even with the above I've taken to using your rules when I only need to know the score, as it's more reliable and faster.
So good job Sibur and thanks for posting this up
itsmytrade

I have just run this on tonight's champions league and a few championship games and it has been bang on the button. I have it running alongside expected goals in the custom columns and it looks great and is exactly what l need moving forward as l look to semi automate.
paulwilko10

Nice work thanks
Dont suppose you could do one that says time played in the match so far? :D
sIGNAL

This looks great 👍
Dallas

itsmytrade wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:42 pm
I have just run this on tonight's champions league and a few championship games and it has been bang on the button. I have it running alongside expected goals in the custom columns and it looks great and is exactly what l need moving forward as l look to semi automate.
I used Sibur's score file in this example which displays the time alongside the score and predicted goal in the watchlist
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=28028
sibur

I will be publishing a new BAF later. This fixes a problem where the flash score is left as XXX and it will contain a new Event SV called Elapsed that shows number of minutes into match.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Football”