Urgent help needed

A place to discuss anything.
Paulbee1122

So getting back to my initial question is there any other exchange I can use in the UK. Apart from the top 4..i no longer care about betfair. I now cannot reapply to them for atleast 2 years then the new legalisation will be in full force anyway.
Paulbee1122

No Derek got my full balance back into my bank the next day. I'm so fed up its untrue. Maybe it's time for a complete change of money making venture. Seems I'm going to be pissing in the wind.
Kai

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:51 pm
So getting back to my initial question is there any other exchange I can use in the UK. Apart from the top 4..i no longer care about betfair. I now cannot reapply to them for atleast 2 years then the new legalisation will be in full force anyway.
Orbit probably if you don't need software/API, heard people that lost their accs use that
Derek27

Kai wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:20 pm
From what I've seen always thought people preferred to withdraw often, even daily if possible

Derek pointed at a clause in the T&C earlier where apparently BF may not like this, but not heard of any such issues or had any myself
They actually say they won't charge for withdrawals without contacting you first, so it can't be an account-closing offence.
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:09 pm
I was under the impression that withdrawing money wasn't an issue, IF it was money you've won or generated yourself on the Exchange

I didn't realise there was such a thing.....where withdrawing money too often was a problem
Hi LeTiss, It could be a sign you need to shuffle money around, robbing Peter to pay Paul. I know you've not been around much for a while but people have been trying to just pull a regular monthly wage, and not deposit, to make the job look as legitimate as possible to the credit agencies. None of this is ideal but you can make some changes and it helps your case if you get your collar felt. It's the leisure punting guys who'll have more problems.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 pm
LeTiss wrote:
I was under the impression that withdrawing money wasn't an issue, IF it was money you've won or generated yourself on the Exchange

I didn't realise there was such a thing.....where withdrawing money too often was a problem
Hi LeTiss, It could be a sign you need to shuffle money around, robbing Peter to pay Paul. I know you've not been around much for a while but people have been trying to just pull a regular monthly wage, and not deposit, to make the job look as legitimate as possible to the credit agencies. None of this is ideal but you can make some changes and it helps your case if you get your collar felt. It's the leisure punting guys who'll have more problems.
Hey. How are ya?
Thanks for the response.....using the phrase 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' does indeed suggest that they have affordability issues!!
I'd be interested to know more about why Paulbee1122 is getting banned from everywhere. There must be something specific that he does that keeps triggering them!
Michael5482

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:10 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 pm
LeTiss wrote:

Hey. How are ya?
Thanks for the response.....using the phrase 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' does indeed suggest that they have affordability issues!!
I'd be interested to know more about why Paulbee1122 is getting banned from everywhere. There must be something specific that he does that keeps triggering them!
Not specifically aimed at the OP but in general you never get the full story other than Betfair are shite. The rants and accusations are in most cases misguided.

The Gambling Commission appear to be the ones pushing bookmakers into affordability checks (despite them denying this) but no doubt bookmakers in some cases are abusing them but ultimately they either impose affordability checks on some or risk heavy fines it's a no brainer for bookmakers to be over cautious.

I'm surprised the legal angle hasn't been fully explored yet imposing affordability checks preventing individual's earning a living in their chosen profession. At some point in the future either an individual or as a collective it will hopefully happen once the legislation is laid down it can be challenged.
Paulbee1122

I do not hold a full time job. I trade on betfair or did full time and I do the vids at Sunderland greyhounds so I have profited from that source the last 5 years also. If you want to know specifics I traded over 1.7 million last year with a 50k profit. About the same previous years aswell. Source of funds is how I keep failing. Then I get the dreaded email. We have made a company decision to close your account. Re smarkets I have sent Jason Trost numourous emails. But no reply. I thought he stated on here we do not close account for winning. Really. Lol.
Paulbee1122

Also I may add. I have never once called Betfair shite. They have provided an excellent service to myself for 20 years. Plenty of vip trips to the races and old trafford. I'm just gutted it has come to this. Like I say I'm 55 and I now do worry about the future. Ps I was in the military 25 years and now due to them excursions I'm not in the greatest of health either. So like I say I feel like my way of income has been taken away. Basically sacked from my full time job.
Derek27

Michael5482 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:52 am
Not specifically aimed at the OP but in general you never get the full story other than Betfair are shite.
That usually is the full story. :)
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:10 am
Hey. How are ya?
:) Good thanks, argumentative, opinionated, irritating, nothing much changes.

I wondered where you'd gone.
Michael5482

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:51 pm
Also I may add. I have never once called Betfair shite. They have provided an excellent service to myself for 20 years. Plenty of vip trips to the races and old trafford. I'm just gutted it has come to this. Like I say I'm 55 and I now do worry about the future. Ps I was in the military 25 years and now due to them excursions I'm not in the greatest of health either. So like I say I feel like my way of income has been taken away. Basically sacked from my full time job.
No one has accused you of doing so, it was just a generalisation of the situations like this that keep appearing where there has to be more to it than meets the eye.

The money you turnover and profit have made per annum I assume you have an account manager at Betfair who you can contact with your issue or as minimum contact the trading team? Maybe worth contacting your MP that due to affordability checks taking your living has now been taken away.

Some fell this isn't worthwhile but if my livelihood was taken away from me I'd be exploring absolutely every option open to me. There has to be something in common for three separate exchanges to close your accounts, write to all three try to find the exact reasoning. Don't give up.
Michael5482

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:02 pm
Michael5482 wrote:
Not specifically aimed at the OP but in general you never get the full story other than Betfair are shite.
That usually is the full story. :)
There not that bad in reality, possibly frustrating on occasions, shit no. Of course there's things they can do better but all in all it's a fantastic platform.
ShaunWhite

Michael5482 wrote:
I'm surprised the legal angle hasn't been fully explored yet imposing affordability checks preventing individual's earning a living in their chosen profession.
I've looked into it, we would have been OK but that protection was under Article 15 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights which we longer adhere to.

https://fra.europa.eu/en/eu-charter/art ... ngage-work

The govt are now free to do whatever they choose, and our freedom to move to mainland Europe to continue our profession without UK checks has also been virtually lost. I never trusted our shower of shite to set the rules and sure enough in no time at all they've shat on us.

I'm not starting an argument about something that's already been decided but I knew our govt didn't care about our sort, 'Freedom' is/was something the EU value, and so did I.
staker72

I would be very wary of the making a living angle. Remember the taxman is always around. Its a complex legal area but in general Betting earnings aren't taxable but saying its earning a living arguably could be said to be a job and therefore earning by way of trade. I'm not a lawyer by any means and if anyone is expert in this area by all means jump in but if I was a taxman, sorry taxperson I would be very interested.

Return to “General discussion”