Urgent help needed

A place to discuss anything.
Paulbee1122

OK here goes.. I do not like divulging info like this but I trust this is a respectful community. I left the military as was shot in Helman.i lost my right eye and had to have a full eye reconstruction. That's one area that's always going to give me pain. The other is I was diagnosed with ostio arthritis in both hands and lower back. I must admit during lockdown I put on weight as ordered takeaways and didn't go out much. But the last year I have made an effort to walk for atleast 30 minutes a day. Exercise seems to make the pain worse. As does any change of weather. That sounds crazy but heat and cold deffinatly affects the pain. So kind of stuck as the pain also puts myself in moods.
greenmark

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 pm
OK here goes.. I do not like divulging info like this but I trust this is a respectful community. I left the military as was shot in Helman.i lost my right eye and had to have a full eye reconstruction. That's one area that's always going to give me pain. The other is I was diagnosed with ostio arthritis in both hands and lower back. I must admit during lockdown I put on weight as ordered takeaways and didn't go out much. But the last year I have made an effort to walk for atleast 30 minutes a day. Exercise seems to make the pain worse. As does any change of weather. That sounds crazy but heat and cold deffinatly affects the pain. So kind of stuck as the pain also puts myself in moods.
I applaud your great courage to share your challenges.
For me 30 minutes needs to be built on. It's amazing how you can go from zero to "Hey, I feel good".
It isn't easy and pain is something we naturally asume is a bad thing. But elite athletes accept severe discomfort as a means to an end.
I'm not in the same boat as yourself. I have a squeaky knee that prevents me from running. All I know is going to your limit is all you can do and is a good thing to do. Finding your limit is the trick.
Paulbee1122

Quick update guys. I mailed Peter Jackson at betfair an he is onto my account manager and other relevant departments. Thank you whoever told myself to contact him. I fancied 4 horses today sods law they all won. Suppose only solice I can take is that I can still pick a winner or 2. Took the daughter for a bite to eat and a bit of retail therapy something I haven't done in years. Time passes so quickly in life when your head is stuck on a pc all day trading. Suppose this is a lesson to make time for other things.. Update on the codeine.. I tried not to take any today. Got to 4pm and it was like I had flu. Aches and pains plus very restless. Took 2 codeine and everything subsided. So even though I have only been taking for 3 months. I must be kind of dependent on them already. That to me seems very dangerous and deffinatly going back to my gp.
ShaunWhite

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:45 am
Quick update guys. I mailed Peter Jackson at betfair an he is onto my account manager and other relevant departments.
You've got an AM? That's unusual. Who is it?
greenmark

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Quick update guys. I mailed Peter Jackson at betfair an he is onto my account manager and other relevant departments. Thank you whoever told myself to contact him. I fancied 4 horses today sods law they all won. Suppose only solice I can take is that I can still pick a winner or 2. Took the daughter for a bite to eat and a bit of retail therapy something I haven't done in years. Time passes so quickly in life when your head is stuck on a pc all day trading. Suppose this is a lesson to make time for other things.. Update on the codeine.. I tried not to take any today. Got to 4pm and it was like I had flu. Aches and pains plus very restless. Took 2 codeine and everything subsided. So even though I have only been taking for 3 months. I must be kind of dependent on them already. That to me seems very dangerous and deffinatly going back to my gp.
On the codeine. My sister was once an alcohol counsellor and she reckons best way to cut down on anything you have become dependent on is by increments every few days.
Good luck with it all though, chief.
Kai

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Think we assumed you didn't have an account manager, but if you have one that's good news indeed, probably best to ask for his WhatsApp and speak to him directly
jimibt

Kai wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:27 pm
Paulbee1122 wrote:
Think we assumed you didn't have an account manager, but if you have one that's good news indeed, probably best to ask for his WhatsApp and speak to him directly
yeah - I think tbh, that would have been my 1st port of call. I'm sure an account manager, inside BF would be able to help far quicker than the suggestions offered here. that said. it's always good to solicit 2nd opinions etc...
Paulbee1122

I didn't even know I had an account manager. Lol. My previous one was Andrew ridell but not spoken to him for ages.. He is a big south African guy.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:07 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:10 am
Hey. How are ya?
:) Good thanks, argumentative, opinionated, irritating, nothing much changes.

I wondered where you'd gone.
Still here thanks.
I tend to keep myself to myself from a trading perspective now. I have a circle of traders that I regularly speak to via Twitter/X DM's or on WhatsApp, so usually only lurk here viewing people's comments.

I kind of moved away from the BA forum once I discovered Twitter, and then ended up having a disconnect with all the new users who came board BA forum afterwards
So, I went from being one of the prominent posters here to becoming a bit of a stranger

Things have been shit personally though, as my mum got taken ill recently. She had a minor stroke, so I'm acting as her carer as well as trading full-time. Juggling a lot of balls right now
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:03 pm

Things have been shit personally though, as my mum got taken ill recently. She had a minor stroke, so I'm acting as her carer as well as trading full-time. Juggling a lot of balls right now
I feel for you, I think we spoke last around the time our dads died, since then I had to move to go and look after mum, and then she passed about a year ago. Doing the right thing like you're doing is hard, but I tell you what, when the end finally comes you can hold your chin up and be proud of what you did.

Jeez Tiss this is a bit touchy feely! 😉. The forum.... Yeah massive time sponge, every week week I say I won't bother with it but end up here again.
greenmark

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:49 pm
LeTiss wrote:

I feel for you, I think we spoke last around the time our dads died, since then I had to move to go and look after mum, and then she passed about a year ago. Doing the right thing like you're doing is hard, but I tell you what, when the end finally comes you can hold your chin up and be proud of what you did.

Jeez Tiss this is a bit touchy feely! 😉. The forum.... Yeah massive time sponge, every week week I say I won't bother with it but end up here again.
I've been there 3 times so far. Doing the right thing is the only way. The instinct is to run away screaming. The solution is to immerse yourself in supporting the people you care about.
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:07 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:10 am
Hey. How are ya?
:) Good thanks, argumentative, opinionated, irritating, nothing much changes.

I wondered where you'd gone.

Sorry to hear that and I hope she makes as quick of a recovery as possible, in these situations we've just got to the best we can, both my parents died suddenly and unexpectedly when there time's came and none of us ever know what's around the corner
Kai

LeTiss wrote:
I kind of moved away from the BA forum once I discovered Twitter, and then ended up having a disconnect with all the new users who came board BA forum afterwards
So, I went from being one of the prominent posters here to becoming a bit of a stranger

Sorry to hear it but regarding the forum don't think you missed much, nonsensical topics gather more interest than real ones, I suppose people are mostly looking for a bit of escapism from the grind

Maybe some of the forum usernames have changed but pretty sure the one constant and the main underlying sentiment (to assist when needed) has stayed the same

So it's a support forum in more ways than one, not just for the software product but for the trading lifestyle overall as well, which is absolutely fantastic and a credit to everyone that helped build it 👍

Hopefully OP gets his account sorted ASAP, would be a real shame to end such an interesting trading journey
xtrader16

If you know somebody in Australia, most people do, ask them to open an account for you. As the account wasn't opened in the UK it doesn't come under these new UK rules. They won't even assess you.
Bobajob

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:05 pm
If you know somebody in Australia, most people do, ask them to open an account for you. As the account wasn't opened in the UK it doesn't come under these new UK rules. They won't even assess you.
On that basis could I move to say Portugal and rent a villa there for 6 months and use that address to create another account keeping my name but using a different email address ;)

Return to “General discussion”