Urgent help needed

A place to discuss anything.
Paulbee1122

I'm at my wits end. OK I'm 55 retired 5 years ago traded betfair betdaq matchbook and finally smarkets. After winning just over 10k in 4 months on smarkets they have decided to close my account. I'm now totally screwed. As all the others have closed me down for one stupid reason or another. Had accounts in my Mrs name aswell all them closed. What alternative is there please?. I'm going to struggle finding a decent job at 55. I was advised to use orbit but only available in India I think. I'm obviously in the UK. This is going to finish me and take away my livelyhood.
Dallas

Why have Betfair and Betdaq closed your accounts?
Paulbee1122

Affordability checks and betdaq a company decision. Really strange.
Derek27

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:33 pm
Do you know what triggered the affordability checks with Betfair? Were you moving money in and out of your account?
Paulbee1122

Probebly withdrew more than I should of. Best just making 1 depo and 1 withdraw a month. I cannot find any alternative whatsoever. Going to have to get a friend to do it. But not ideal for obvious reasons.smarkets ceo says they do not close winning account. What a load of bollox.
Derek27

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:20 pm
Probebly withdrew more than I should of. Best just making 1 depo and 1 withdraw a month. I cannot find any alternative whatsoever. Going to have to get a friend to do it. But not ideal for obvious reasons.smarkets ceo says they do not close winning account. What a load of bollox.
I'm sure withdrawing isn't a problem, unless they're very frequent. But I thought they charge for frequent withdrawals and would expect them to simply contact a customer if that was the problem.
Archangel

Sorry about the situation you find yourself in.
These companies can close our accounts at any time for any reason they like. Anyone relying on them for a living needs be aware of that.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:04 pm
Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:33 pm
Do you know what triggered the affordability checks with Betfair? Were you moving money in and out of your account?
Since when does BF close accs for this, thought worst case was getting a deposit limit?

Don't give up so easily on your accounts, particularly on the Betfair account.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:24 pm
Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:20 pm
I'm sure withdrawing isn't a problem, unless they're very frequent. But I thought they charge for frequent withdrawals and would expect them to simply contact a customer if that was the problem.
Is this really a thing, can someone confirm or deny?

Do people actively try to withdraw less often?
Euler

Based on my interaction with Bet Angel users there doesn't seem to be any problems with withdrawing money from Betfair. If you have a deposit limit, it actually helps.
Paulbee1122

Listen they closed myself because I couldn't provide a more in detail source of funds. I had other sources of income and they wanted derails of everything. Like I borrowed my friend 4k a few years back and got it returned this year. They wanted to know where this come from and did I pay taxes etc on the cash.its really really intrusive. Believe what you want. All I will say is just wait until its your turn and see how stressful it really is. You send in documents then you get a reply 48 hours later. It's all a farce and complete and utter farce.
Euler

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:40 pm
Listen they closed myself because I couldn't provide a more in detail source of funds. I had other sources of income and they wanted derails of everything. Like I borrowed my friend 4k a few years back and got it returned this year. They wanted to know where this come from and did I pay taxes etc on the cash.its really really intrusive. Believe what you want. All I will say is just wait until its your turn and see how stressful it really is. You send in documents then you get a reply 48 hours later. It's all a farce and complete and utter farce.
Y, we are all aware of those things and we all agree it's OTT and unnecessary. Just crossed lines there I think?
LeTiss

I was under the impression that withdrawing money wasn't an issue, IF it was money you've won or generated yourself on the Exchange

I didn't realise there was such a thing.....where withdrawing money too often was a problem
Derek27

Paulbee1122 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:40 pm
Sorry to hear about your situation. So it was a depositing issue?

Did you have any trouble getting them to release your account funds back to you once they closed the account?
Kai

From what I've seen always thought people preferred to withdraw often, even daily if possible

Derek pointed at a clause in the T&C earlier where apparently BF may not like this, but not heard of any such issues or had any myself

Return to “General discussion”