Illegal Betting Ring Used Satellite Tech to Get Scoop on Results

A place to discuss anything.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:39 pm

But the winner of a competition is arguably confidential until it's been announced. Only people watching the event will know. :)
They don't play behind a curtain, hundereds or thousands of people are watching it so it's not 'arguably' confidential.

I don't understand where this concept of Queensbury rules comes into gambling, if you find out first then good for you. Unless you want everything suspended until its in the newspaper.

And like you said before is using BA cheating, or am I cheating because I'm faster than BA? Making more effort than anyone else doesn't make you a cheat.
Bobajob

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:37 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:39 pm

But the winner of a competition is arguably confidential until it's been announced. Only people watching the event will know. :)
They don't play behind a curtain, hundereds or thousands of people are watching it so it's not 'arguably' confidential.

I don't understand where this concept of Queensbury rules comes into gambling, if you find out first then good for you. Unless you want everything suspended until its in the newspaper.

And like you said before is using BA cheating, or am I cheating because I'm faster than BA? Making more effort than anyone else doesn't make you a cheat.
“Life is unfair but remember sometimes it is unfair in your favour.” ;) Peter Ustinov

Return to “General discussion”