Israel/Palestine conflict

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Derek27

The Israelis should feed the Palestinian exchange prisoners a slow-release poison, one that takes three weeks to kill them.
greenmark

Seems to me that Hamas, Fatah and Hezbollah can't organise a p**s up in a brewery.

Hamas appear to have had no real strategy other than murder and hostage taking. Now Israel have unleashed their capability Hamas have caved in.
It makes no difference I reckon. Israel will occupy Gaza - plain and simple.
Archery1969

I find this all rather strange.

If I was hamas, I’m not but they must know, release prisoners and sooner or later Israel will just flatten Gaza.

Hamas must be totally stupid.

But I have said this before, hamas leaders are not in Gaza so they don’t give two fcuks.

Why free 50, 100 or 200 for 5 days of peace ? Risk assessment would be let’s get back 70% (I know that’s horrible) then we launch everything and the 30% are collateral damage.

Christ, I was destined for more than 3 stripes. Hey ho. Some people are just plane fcuking stupid.
firlandsfarm

Just found a 7 part series on BBC iPlayer re Arab Israeli war history 1948 - 1998 Here

Need to know the history to judge the current.
Derek27

If I wasn't a trader, I'd like to be president of the UN council. It doesn't look too difficult, you just give the floor to an ambassador when requested and then diplomatically thank them for their comments, as well as reading out the result of the voting. And don't forget to push the microphone away when you've finished talking. :)
Derek27

Top Hamas official, Saleh al-Arouri, has been killed. :D
Derek27

Senior Hezbollocks commander killed in an airstrike. :D
Archangel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will not be deterred by the International Court of Justice from pursuing its Gaza war until total victory, after South Africa lodged a case accusing it of genocide against the Palestinians.

"No one will stop us - not The Hague, not the Axis of Evil and no one else. It is possible and necessary to continue until victory and we will do it," Mr Netanyahu told a televised press conference as the war in Gaza moves into its 100th day on Sunday.
:shock:
firlandsfarm

Archangel wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:54 pm
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will not be deterred by the International Court of Justice from pursuing its Gaza war until total victory, after South Africa lodged a case accusing it of genocide against the Palestinians.

"No one will stop us - not The Hague, not the Axis of Evil and no one else. It is possible and necessary to continue until victory and we will do it," Mr Netanyahu told a televised press conference as the war in Gaza moves into its 100th day on Sunday.
Somewhat ironic that the Israelis should be saying that genocide should be brushed aside!
Archery1969

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:05 am
Archangel wrote:

Somewhat ironic that the Israelis should be saying that genocide should be brushed aside!
Israel only follows international law when it suits them. In the past they have been linked to a number of assassination’s on foreign soil. I seem to remember them killing certain individuals in a hotel in Saudi Arabia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... ssinations
Archangel

I dont know how the West can lecture Russia or any other country about war crimes after what they have been giving Israel the green light to do in Gaza. And whats the point of the UN or an International Court if they are not the final arbiter (can be ignored)
greenmark

Jews have been persecuted and slaughtered for no other reason than their religion for centruries. For Israel to finally decide enough is enough is kind of ok with me. Killing 1200 resulting in the kiling of 22000 seems hard. But Hamas said unequivocally about Oct 7th "we will do it again and again".
Hamas want to destroy Israel and kill all Jews, Hamas are nothing other than racist bastards that need to be contained or wiped out.
Archery1969

As a former soldier I have no problem with adults killing each other if they feel justified.

I draw the line at children being killed on either side.

As for Israel, you cannot blanket bomb, tell people to move and then blanket bomb where you told them to goto. All they are doing is sowing the seeds for more trouble down the line.

And god forbid Turkey gets involved, that would throw a right problem in the conflict being close to US, UK and NATO.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:30 pm
As a former soldier I have no problem with adults killing each other if they feel justified.

I draw the line at children being killed on either side.

As for Israel, you cannot blanket bomb, tell people to move and then blanket bomb where you told them to goto. All they are doing is sowing the seeds for more trouble down the line.

And god forbid Turkey gets involved, that would throw a right problem in the conflict being close to US, UK and NATO.
So are you saying Israel should re-enter the cycle of holding Hamas at arms length while Hamas plot their next attack?
I'm not trying to wind you up here, simply trying to see how Israel can do anything different. If they don't destroy the infrastructure that Hamas has created, Hamas will attack Israel again. No? For me it's agressive non-secular Islam that is the problem.
Crazyskier

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:05 am
Archangel wrote:

Actually, if you watched and listened at all to their defence lawyer, you would know that Israel refute utterly all and any accusations of 'genocide'. They are simply being thorough in removing Hamas after the atrocities they caused.

The tragic deaths of innocent civilians have always been a regrettable part of any war. The difference here is that Hamas deliberately tunnelled under hospitals and placed themselves amidst the civilians to cause maximum casualties.

CS

Return to “Chill Out Area”