Ladder Green Up 'Percentage' Box

Help improve Bet Angel.
Tuco

When Greening on the ladder interface, currently you only have the option to fire in a stake that will green-up 100% of your position.

It would be very useful if there was a three decimal places percentage option placed at the top of the column that could be used to enter a percentage of the green-up that would enable entries to be made at different price points which once all matched would green up your position.

This should be easy to achieve as the green-up function is already able to instantly calculate the 100% green-up stake that would be entered at the different odds, so it would just need to multiply that amount by the percentage entered in the box at the top, the default being 100%.

As an example, if 25% were entered, you could click on 4 different odds which would enter four different stake amounts at each of those different odds, (and if 10% were entered, you could click on 10 different odds which would enter ten different stake amounts at each of those different odds).

In this way, if only two of the four green-ups were matched you would have greened up 50% of the maximum amount etc. at the lowest odds matched if a lay green-up or at the highest odds matched if a back green-up.

I personally would find this a very useful feature as it's always annoying when you fire in a green-up stake to see the odds matched shorter for lays or higher for backs as you are giving away potential P&L.

Please give this suggestion some thought. THANK YOU.

** if it would be easier to add, there could be fixed percentage options to choose from in the percentage box such as:

100%
50%
33.333% (1/3)
25%
20%
10%
Geordie

Tuco wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:15 pm
When Greening on the ladder interface, currently you only have the option to fire in a stake that will green-up 100% of your position.

It would be very useful if there was a three decimal places percentage option placed at the top of the column that could be used to enter a percentage of the green-up that would enable entries to be made at different price points which once all matched would green up your position.

This should be easy to achieve as the green-up function is already able to instantly calculate the 100% green-up stake that would be entered at the different odds, so it would just need to multiply that amount by the percentage entered in the box at the top, the default being 100%.

As an example, if 25% were entered, you could click on 4 different odds which would enter four different stake amounts at each of those different odds, (and if 10% were entered, you could click on 10 different odds which would enter ten different stake amounts at each of those different odds).

In this way, if only two of the four green-ups were matched you would have greened up 50% of the maximum amount etc. at the lowest odds matched if a lay green-up or at the highest odds matched if a back green-up.

I personally would find this a very useful feature as it's always annoying when you fire in a green-up stake to see the odds matched shorter for lays or higher for backs as you are giving away potential P&L.

Please give this suggestion some thought. THANK YOU.

** if it would be easier to add, there could be fixed percentage options to choose from in the percentage box such as:

100%
50%
33.333% (1/3)
25%
20%
10%
Hi, Tuco.

What you need can be done via automation and fired by a shortcut key.

Dallas has previously published at least one 'spread exit' automation that I can recall - check out his auto files.

If you get stuck, shout, as I'll have one lying around somewhere that you could adapt.
Tuco

Thanks for that Geordie - unless I'm mistaken I think the version that Dallas offered could only green-up AFTER the net stakes had been reduced to zero which is something a little bit different.

This suggestion, or a variation of it, would allow different percentages to be entered for each and every selection if required and include the green-up profit/loss for each click at that percentage.

As the green-up currently calculates a 100% green-up, it should be a simple task to add a percentage of the green-up to be displayed in the green-up column.

The beauty of this version is that you could set say 25% and click 2 ticks 4 ticks 5 ticks and 7 ticks below the reverse price to green your position if all matched...or just click 1 tick and three lots of 4 ticks below the reverse price or 2 ticks and 5 ticks below the reverse price (thus only closing half of the available green) making it far more versatile and flexible - automation would be set at a fixed number of ticks for a fixed percentage

Maybe Dallas could advise?

Thanks again Geordie :)
Tuco

Just to add to the above, I have plenty of spread entry and spread exit automation options and variations.

However, the automation spread exit options don't green up until after the net stakes have all been matched whereas this manual suggestion would give far more versatility and profit management options simply by having a greening percentage box.
Tuco

I'm still hoping this suggestion gets some due consideration.

It always struck me when watching Peter's excellent original videos of manual trading that he closed his positions by placing closing stakes (backs or lays) into the market to ultimately get his stake down to zero...but then he hit the big green-up button (which I would like to disable) to green his position thus taking the available green-up money rather than asking for odds thus potentially giving away a bit of value.

By having a Ladder Green Up Percentage Box (which by default is currently 100% as there are no percentage options), it would allow people to spread their green-up stakes, which if all matched without further attention would green up the position on the selection at different odds.

Adding this feature really shouldn't be too difficult as the code for 100% green-up is already currently integrated.

Please give this or a variation on this suggestion some consideration BA - pretty please!
Tuco

...another day when I would have used the percentage box to scale out of a selection position with greening numerous times.

In longer term markets where I literally place 1,000's of trades, backing and laying, laying and backing I build up a green on the entire field by having net stake lays on the field, and therefore a green on all.

Maybe people don't understand how useful this suggestion of being able to scale out of a position with greening by percentage actually is, and certainly would be for the way I play numerous long term high trade volume markets...this is all a world away from placing a couple of trades on a single horse in a single race and then greening up all within 5-10 minutes.

If anyone doesn't understand the potential usefulness of such a feature, do please ask.

On reflection, perhaps a better place for this scalable greening option is through the parameter rules for a 'Spread Exit' servant rather than via a percentage 'green-up' box. A 'Percentage of Greening Net Stake' parameter rules would suffice within the rules >> parameter >> stake options. This should also be relatively easy to add to the existing code and if a 'Percentage of Greening Net Stake' parameter rules option could be added, it would mean the current screen layout would not need to be altered to add a 'percentage box'.

Return to “Suggestions”