Windows updates rolling out last few days

A place to discuss anything.
jamesedwards

Just a warning for anyone with unattended automations running. All my Windows PCs are going through forced restarts this weekend. Usually it's only the main cumulative updates on the 2nd tues of the month that force this, but this month the update previews are being forced through for some reason.
ShaunWhite

That prompted me to check to see if I had any pending updates. In comparison to Windows Desktop there's very few and you manage when they're applied yourself...or are promted to by James ;) It's not great on a desktop pc because it isn't as friendly but for a dedicated trading PC or VPS it's unbeatable really. Looking at that list, 2 of them were just the Servicing Stack, which is the update process itself, so no actual functional update. And no Microsoft bringing my system up and down whenever they choose. :)
Screenshot_4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:50 pm
Just a warning for anyone with unattended automations running. All my Windows PCs are going through forced restarts this weekend. Usually it's only the main cumulative updates on the 2nd tues of the month that force this, but this month the update previews are being forced through for some reason.
Are you using Home or Pro edition?

With Pro, you can disable automatic updates with the group policy editor. With Home you can use registry hacks. I purchased my laptop with Home and upgraded to Pro, but I I've managed updates on both of them.

Return to “General discussion”