Bet Angel behaviour when autoswitching markets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
smitch

Where do I start?

I have been trying out automation on US horse racing markets and having problems when when the races go off at the same time. When Markets auto-switch and the race before hasn't started, the bet isn't placed on the earlier market.

So it seems to me that the only way of dealing with this would be to have several instances of Bet Angel with these markets shared between them... or just accept that things get themselves in a tangle sometimes (such is life).

Or, maybe I am missing something?
Derek27

smitch wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:59 pm
Where do I start?

I have been trying out automation on US horse racing markets and having problems when when the races go off at the same time. When Markets auto-switch and the race before hasn't started, the bet isn't placed on the earlier market.

So it seems to me that the only way of dealing with this would be to have several instances of Bet Angel with these markets shared between them... or just accept that things get themselves in a tangle sometimes (such is life).

Or, maybe I am missing something?
US racing is notorious for starting at random times, due to the fact that there's no off-course betting in the US, and they don't care about us. ;)

Why do you need to switch to the main screen? Could you not load your automation into Guardian so it runs regardless of what market your main screen has loaded?
smitch

Hi Derek, I realise now (after a bit of debugging) that I had totally misunderstood how automation worked.

I changed my rule to display a message and play a sound when it triggered. I found that it does trigger correctly every time but it didn't then place a bet because those conditions weren't fully met. Problem solved.

Thank you so much for your time. I really appreciate it.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”