LTD Lay the Draw

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

Hello everyone

This is the first time I'm setting up an automated system for soccer matches, in this case for LTD (I'm not having much success with the horses). However, for reasons I don't know, when I assign certain conditions and the matches meet those conditions, the automated system doesn't place any bets; without those conditions, the automated system works fine.
In this particular case, I only want the automated system to bet on matches where the home team has an odd of less than 2.0 and the draw odd is less than 4.5, which is what I'm doing wrong,
I've attached the basic file based on one shared by Dallas (viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043&sid=0f70d448 ... f296b4fa21).
Please help me.
Cheers,
Rui
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

RMSSC wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:23 pm
Hello everyone

This is the first time I'm setting up an automated system for soccer matches, in this case for LTD (I'm not having much success with the horses). However, for reasons I don't know, when I assign certain conditions and the matches meet those conditions, the automated system doesn't place any bets; without those conditions, the automated system works fine.
In this particular case, I only want the automated system to bet on matches where the home team has an odd of less than 2.0 and the draw odd is less than 4.5, which is what I'm doing wrong,
I've attached the basic file based on one shared by Dallas (viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043&sid=0f70d448 ... f296b4fa21).
Please help me.
Cheers,
Rui
Are you sure the conditions are met?

I've just tested it. I had to adjust the conditions to match the match I tested it on but it fired the £10 lay bet.
RMSSC

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:46 pm
RMSSC wrote:
Hello everyone

Please help me.
Cheers,
Rui

I've just tested it. I had to adjust the conditions to match the match I tested it on but it fired the £10 lay bet.
Hello, Derek,

Thanks in advance for replying, it probably has to do with the refresh rate of the market, I don't know what the ideal specifications are for a list full of games.
Similarly, I also have trouble sorting the list to put the automatics in their proper place, the technique I've been using is to first add the match odds and apply the respective rule in column 1 and then the correct score and apply the rule in column 2. I'm wondering if there's a problem with both markets having both rules, or is there a better way of organizing the games by match odds and correct score? Specific template?
Cheers,
Rui
Derek27

RMSSC wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:18 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:46 pm
RMSSC wrote:
Hello everyone

Please help me.
Cheers,
Rui

Hello, Derek,

Thanks in advance for replying, it probably has to do with the refresh rate of the market, I don't know what the ideal specifications are for a list full of games.
Similarly, I also have trouble sorting the list to put the automatics in their proper place, the technique I've been using is to first add the match odds and apply the respective rule in column 1 and then the correct score and apply the rule in column 2. I'm wondering if there's a problem with both markets having both rules, or is there a better way of organizing the games by match odds and correct score? Specific template?
Cheers,
Rui
It's got a whole minute to place the bet so even if Guardian is loaded up with markets it shouldn't be a problem. Just check the conditions are met, it won't fire for most markets but try adjusting the odds just to catch more markets to check that the bet fires.
The Silk Run

Are you submitting orders in Practice, or LIVE mode. If LIVE are they Micro bets.
RMSSC

The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:22 am
Are you submitting orders in Practice, or LIVE mode. If LIVE are they Micro bets.
Pratice mode, i am testing
The Silk Run

RMSSC wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:24 am
The Silk Run wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:22 am
Pratice mode, i am testing
That is Kool. I haven't interrogated your baf as soccer is not my genre but will leave that in the capable hands of Dex who is on the night watch !!!
But GOOD luck ;)
Atho55

I am not revealing anything by these results as you splattered your criteria on your initial post. Using your criteria v Pinnacle odds, £100 Lay bet, excl comms and just the Premier League your historical results and slightly alternative odds would be roughly like this I believe...

LTD at Specific Odds.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

I haven't looked at the baf but from it's name, where are you getting the price to green up after a goal?
ShaunWhite

RMSSC wrote:
This is the first time I'm setting up an automated system for soccer matches, in this case for LTD (I'm not having much success with the horses).
What do you feel your edge is here ? ie what is it about your selection criteria that selects mispriced markets?
Atho55

Why does the market need to be mispriced?
RMSSC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:23 am
RMSSC wrote:
This is the first time I'm setting up an automated system for soccer matches, in this case for LTD (I'm not having much success with the horses).
What do you feel your edge is here ? ie what is it about your selection criteria that selects mispriced markets?
Friends, I'm in the learning phase, I'm trying to build something, I know that the baf has many flaws, Shaun speaks very well "I haven't looked at the baf but from it's name, where are you getting the price to green up after a goal?", damn, I just make mistakes.
I'm actually more of a math expert and I want to apply it to everything and sometimes it's just not possible.
Sorry about that.
I'm going to make a new post in the group about what I actually know how to do, mathematical calculations applied in this case to horse racing, so I want the brilliant minds in this group to help me if it's possible to create this strategy in bet angel or through excel, bet angel would be ideal.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”