How to avoid duplicate bets?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

I'm testing the Lay the Field strategy
but I'm running into problems.
3 separate rules are being applied:

1st Lay to the favorite at a given odd "In position 1 (Sorted in order of favoritism)", with the condition that it obeys a given odd <XXX;

2nd Lay the second favorite the given odd "In position 2 (Sorted in order of favoritism)", with the condition that he gets the given odd <YY;

3rd Lay the fied to the rest, once only, but who reach a certain pre-defined odd ("in row 1 (betfair order).

All conditions in play from the 0th second to the 5th second, trigger 1 time with a 2-second wait to reset).

But I have the following problem:
a) Numerous times rule number three repeats Lay to the 1st and 2nd favorite, how can I prevent this from happening?
b) I also want any other selection to be triggered only once and not repeated.

Is there a practical example I can use for inspiration, ou alguém que me possa detalhadamente dizer como evitar esse problema?

Thank you
Derek27

RMSSC wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:18 pm

1st Lay to the favorite at a given odd "In position 1 (Sorted in order of favoritism)", with the condition that it obeys a given odd <XXX;

2nd Lay the second favorite the given odd "In position 2 (Sorted in order of favoritism)", with the condition that he gets the given odd <YY;

3rd Lay the fied to the rest, once only, but who reach a certain pre-defined odd ("in row 1 (betfair order).

All conditions in play from the 0th second to the 5th second, trigger 1 time with a 2-second wait to reset).

a) Numerous times rule number three repeats Lay to the 1st and 2nd favorite, how can I prevent this from happening?

Is there a practical example I can use for inspiration, ou alguém que me possa detalhadamente dizer como evitar esse problema?

Thank you
Have you placed a condition in your rule to check that there are no matched or unmatched bets?

Also, check the delay between trigger times / tick the add in-play delay box on the general tab to make sure the rule isn't firing while a bet is pending.
RMSSC

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:54 pm
RMSSC wrote:

Thank you
Have you placed a condition in your rule to check that there are no matched or unmatched bets?

Also, check the delay between trigger times / tick the add in-play delay box on the general tab to make sure the rule isn't firing while a bet is pending.
Is this correct?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

RMSSC wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
RMSSC wrote:

Thank you

Is this correct?
That rule only fires once so it shouldn't be possible to fire two bets on the same horse. So the problem must be it's also firing bets on the first and second favourite, which your other rules has already taken care of.

Your bets are being fired between 1 and 5 seconds after start time. One possible solution would be to make sure the rules that place bets on the first two favourites are fired first, set a signal for those selections, then have a condition to only fire bets on the rest of the field if the signal for that runner is not set with a value.
jamesedwards

Trading in the first few seconds of a market going in play is not a good idea unless you are exploiting something specific. The liquidity is low, book% unfavourable, and volatility high.

Are you fixing the order of favouritism? Otherwise your rule will keep triggering as the order of favouritism changes.
RMSSC

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:15 pm
RMSSC wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Is this correct?
That rule only fires once so it shouldn't be possible to fire two bets on the same horse. So the problem must be it's also firing bets on the first and second favourite, which your other rules has already taken care of.

Your bets are being fired between 1 and 5 seconds after start time. One possible solution would be to make sure the rules that place bets on the first two favourites are fired first, set a signal for those selections, then have a condition to only fire bets on the rest of the field if the signal for that runner is not set with a value.
Thanks for the explanation, it works as it should now.

However, I am testing another automation based on Back the field by selecting odds and this condition does not work in that automation.

Purpose of automation:
First Rule
1st Arm the trigger 1 second before the market starts up to 5 seconds after the start;
2nd As parameters, my objective is for the odds to reach, for example, 5.0 at a fixed value of €10;
3rd a) Conditions are defined that the selection of horses is between the Back price range >5 and <8;

Second Rule

1st Arm the trigger 1 second before the market starts up to 5 seconds after the start;
2nd As parameters, my objective is for the odds to reach, for example, 8.0 at a fixed value of €10;
3rd a) Conditions are defined that the selection of horses is between the Back price range >10 and <12.

The objective is for the odds to fall and come out in the green

Problems:
Number of Matched bets condition=0 doesn't work for what I want, in fact it doesn't even allow me to place any trades.

I intend for the start automatism to enter the prices pre-established in the first rule and in the second rule (if there are prices for this before the start of the race);

a) In both rules I intend that the same horse will not be repeated in this price range if the price drops and does not reach the objective and returns to the initial range or rises too much and reaches the range in rule no. 2;
b) that rule nº2 also enters the pre-established interval with the same conditions and does not intersect with rule nº1
c) Any other horse that enters the selections of rules 1 and 2 are excluded from the rules.

With this I want to prevent too many negotiations from being placed on the market, whether repeated or invading the pre-established space in the initially pre-defined rules.

Can you guys help?
Dallas

So place bet on each horse at 5.0 if its back price is between 5 an 8
Place a bet on each horse at 8.0 if its back price is between 10 and 12

Is that correct?

Then green up horse individually if its shortens by ticks, percentage or goes into profit by '£X'
Or green up all if profit by '£X'
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:51 pm

Is that correct?

Then green up horse individually if its shortens by ticks, percentage or goes into profit by '£X'
Yes, it will be something similar, I apologize if I don't know how to express myself, English is not my native language

Example:

Start or pre-race (XX seconds before), check the odds at that moment:

All horses that have historically been in the >6 to <8 price range, if any

a back will be called on those horses that are within these odds. just once, do not repeat the negotiation

Individual profit collection at e.g. odds of 4.0, if achieved

and

All horses that have historically been in the price range > 8.1 to < 10, if any

a back will be called on those horses that are within these odds. just once, do not repeat the negotiation

Individual profit collection at e.g. odds of 6.0, if achieved

What happens to me now is that the automatism is backing all the horses and I don't want any horse to invade the initially pre-established price range, which is what is currently happening

Collecting profits in general, I think I know how to do it
Green Up all Selections at €€, correct me if I'm wrong.
If this strategy doesn't make any sense, please criticize it freely, I just want to learn
RMSSC

RMSSC wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:16 pm
Dallas wrote:

Is that correct?

Yes, it will be something similar, I apologize if I don't know how to express myself, English is not my native language

Example:

and

What happens to me now is that the automatism is backing all the horses and I don't want any horse to invade the initially pre-established price range, which is what is currently happening

If this strategy doesn't make any sense, please criticize it freely, I just want to learn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

RMSSC wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Is that correct?

Example:

and

>>Yes, it will be something similar, I apologize if I don't know how to express myself, English is not my native language

That's fine, I'm just making sure I understand exactly what you want before I (or anyone else advises how best to do it)

>>All horses that have historically been in the price range > 8.1 to < 10, if any

To test if a horse has 'historically' been within a price range you will need to have the market in Guardian with a rules file applied to it. So if you added the markets and applied the rules file to the markets at 11am it will check if they have been within those odds from then onwards

ie, you can't look back to a time before you added the markets and rules file

Is that something you still want to do?
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:26 pm
RMSSC wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Is that correct?

Example:

and

>>Yes, it will be something similar, I apologize if I don't know how to express myself, English is not my native language

That's fine, I'm just making sure I understand exactly what you want before I (or anyone else advises how best to do it)

>>All horses that have historically been in the price range > 8.1 to < 10, if any

To test if a horse has 'historically' been within a price range you will need to have the market in Guardian with a rules file applied to it. So if you added the markets and applied the rules file to the markets at 11am it will check if they have been within those odds from then onwards

Yes,

In the conditions I added the following:
Example:
- Fixed odds
* Current (Any selection)
Back price
Grater than > 6
- Fixed odds
Back price
Less < 12

- I want each of the horses to activate the trigger only once (don't repeat the entry if they enter the above range again) and in that range an X number of horses are triggered in that range is selected, at the moment only one horse enters although there are several in that range and I haven't figured out why.

"To test if a horse has 'historically' been within a price range you will need to have the market in Guardian with a rules file applied to it. So if you added the markets and applied the rules file to the markets at 11am it will check if they have been within those odds from then onwards" -- Where can I find more information about this, is there an example?
Dallas

RMSSC wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:31 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:26 pm
RMSSC wrote:

Example:

and

Yes,

In the conditions I added the following:
Example:
- Fixed odds
Back price
Grater than > 6
- Fixed odds
Back price
Less < 12

- I want each of the horses to activate the trigger only once (don't repeat the entry if they enter the above range again) and in that range an X number of horses are triggered in that range is selected, at the moment only one horse enters although there are several in that range and I haven't figured out why.

"To test if a horse has 'historically' been within a price range you will need to have the market in Guardian with a rules file applied to it. So if you added the markets and applied the rules file to the markets at 11am it will check if they have been within those odds from then onwards" -- Where can I find more information about this, is there an example?
Its easy enough to set up and a few example probably use it, I was just making sure if you were happy with only checking the price range from the moment you add the race into Guardian - and not from when Betfair first opened it?

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”