Empty market 1.01?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
tryingtotrade

Screenshot (32).png
Emptied my account this morning, seems that Guardian assumes that an empty market means the best lay price is 1.01.
What happened is that the Darvin 9:47 Greyhound race must have been restarted as the market was suspended and the reopened with no bets in the market, so Guardian placed back bets based on a best lay price of 1.01, see Screenshot.

I had condition of market overround > 80% and and minimum back price of 1.2 as a kind of security but didn't help in this case.

To avoid Guardian placing low priced back bets into an empty market again I would have to set a minimum lay price of 1.02 on any "place bet rule" or any other securities that are easier?

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

I tend to look at the spread, the difference between back and lay % and the volume before my bots will trigger. That's worked for me over a long time.
tryingtotrade

Thanks, will try that.
What I found out is that when there is no lay price the value is set to 0 and I had set the Place bet rule to „place bet couple of ticks above best reverse“, it was placing bets at 1.03 even though the back price was 36. I guess setting a minimum lay price instead of a minimum back price would have avoided this as well.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”