Keyboard shortcut presses randomly not working

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
sheffutd1889

Hi all

I have a number of keyboard shortcuts set up to run servants when manually trading in running horse racing. I have noticed recently a number of times when I am pressing one of these shortcut keys and nothing is happening. A few points of note which may/may not be relevant:
  • The One Click Screen is my active window when I'm pressing the shortcut.
  • When it stops responding, it is all shortcuts which stop, not just one, and all these shortcuts do work at other times.
  • It doesn't seem to happen for the first keypress on each market.
  • If I run the servant by using a button on the One Click Screen, it will run as expected. The shortcut will also then run if I try it again aftwerwards.
  • The log file doesn't contain an entry to say the servant has tried to run
  • The servants are relatively new files (although I dont't see how that would make a difference since when this happens, it doesn't even seem to try to run them).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
jamesedwards

I have had the same issues recently. Happened to me perhaps 4 or 5 times in the last week. I assumed it was user-error (one-click screen not active, not pressing key properly etc).

It's only happened on newly created rules also, I've had no issues on older triggers. Curiouser and curiouser.
sheffutd1889

Ah, yes, that is another thing I forgot to add to the above. Older servants have been working fine for me also. Very strange that it's happening to someone else too, makes me feel a bit better that it's not just me being a bit dim
Dallas

sheffutd1889 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:01 pm
Hi all

I have a number of keyboard shortcuts set up to run servants when manually trading in running horse racing. I have noticed recently a number of times when I am pressing one of these shortcut keys and nothing is happening. A few points of note which may/may not be relevant:
  • The One Click Screen is my active window when I'm pressing the shortcut.
  • When it stops responding, it is all shortcuts which stop, not just one, and all these shortcuts do work at other times.
  • It doesn't seem to happen for the first keypress on each market.
  • If I run the servant by using a button on the One Click Screen, it will run as expected. The shortcut will also then run if I try it again aftwerwards.
  • The log file doesn't contain an entry to say the servant has tried to run
  • The servants are relatively new files (although I dont't see how that would make a difference since when this happens, it doesn't even seem to try to run them).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Even though the window is on top is it also the window in focus?
Next time the Servant fails to start just click somewhere across the top ribbon or if its undocked and floating somewhere across the top of the frame (while undocked you'll also see a faint shadow appear around if its brought back into focus)
Or just place a manual bet outside the price

That will ensure the window is in focus, then try starting the servant again

If that still doesn't work can you post a screenshot of the settings used on the shortcut key and also confirm which if any context options the servant uses?
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:42 pm
I have had the same issues recently. Happened to me perhaps 4 or 5 times in the last week. I assumed it was user-error (one-click screen not active, not pressing key properly etc).

It's only happened on newly created rules also, I've had no issues on older triggers. Curiouser and curiouser.
I don't think I've created a new servant and used it via a shortcut key for a few versions now
So I've just created two new servants and assigned them to shortcut keys to do some tests,

What if any context options are the new ones that are not working for you using?
Dallas

Also is there anything in particular either of you are doing just prior to using the servant (that doesn't work) ie, you've just closed a charting window, or Guardian, or just switch to a new market etc?
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:03 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

I don't think I've created a new servant and used it via a shortcut key for a few versions now
So I've just created two new servants and assigned them to shortcut keys to do some tests,

What if any context options are the new ones that are not working for you using?
The ones that have not triggered as expected for me have all been "Start an Automation Servant (using mouse as context)..." that I have set up in the last week. I have used them probably a couple of hundred times with no issues, just 4 or 5 times where they havent triggered when I've pressed the shortcut key.

I have other shortcuts using the same context that have existed for longer and I've noticed no issues with these, although that could just be coincidence.

I'm still using v1.60.0
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:05 pm
Also is there anything in particular either of you are doing just prior to using the servant (that doesn't work) ie, you've just closed a charting window, or Guardian, or just switch to a new market etc?
No. Nothing unusual. Usually just using the one-click screen. I have all my screens undocked.
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:10 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:03 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

The ones that have not triggered as expected for me have all been "Start an Automation Servant (using mouse as context)..." that I have set up in the last week. I have used them probably a couple of hundred times with no issues, just 4 or 5 times where they havent triggered when I've pressed the shortcut key.

I have other shortcuts using the same context that have existed for longer and I've noticed no issues with these, although that could just be coincidence.

I'm still using v1.60.0
I might be with doing what I've just said to Sheffutd1889 and double checking the window is 100% in focus next time it fails (just in case something unexpected is moving focus to another)

and update to V1.61 :D
sheffutd1889

The window is definitely the one in focus because when it happens, one of the things I've tried is to activate a different window, say Guardian, then reactivate the One Click Screen and try again without success. As I mentioned, when it happens it is on every keypress, regardless on servant so I have one servant which acts on "Any Selection" and the other which acts on "Every Selection".

Also, running 1.61 already here
sheffutd1889

Attached screenshot of the shortcuts editor screen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sheffutd1889

It only seems to (so far at least), fail to work after I have used one of the servants successfully on the same market. It hasn't (yet) failed to do what I want first time.

An example, refering to the attachment above, I may press NumPad2 (works - first one always seems to work), press Escape (fails), press NumPad2 again (fails). Run a servant via a button press (works). Press Escape again (works)
Dallas

sheffutd1889 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:23 pm
It only seems to (so far at least), fail to work after I have used one of the servants successfully on the same market. It hasn't (yet) failed to do what I want first time.

An example, refering to the attachment above, I may press NumPad2 (works - first one always seems to work), press Escape (fails), press NumPad2 again (fails). Run a servant via a button press (works). Press Escape again (works)
As a test could you try creating a new shortcut profile
and then create (or use another) two different servants, assign one to NumPad2 the other to Escape
then repeat the above to see if it can be narrowed down to the servants or something in them or if its the keyboard shortcuts
jamesedwards

I've finally been able to figure out why these sometimes haven't been triggering for me. I keep my one-click screen undocked and if you bring this window to the top by clicking on the header or bottom bar of the one-click window then the shortcut servants do not become active. You need to bring the window to the top by clicking somewhere between the top and bottom bars, as per screenshot below.

Not sure if there is a reason why it is set like this? If not perhaps something to fix in a future update?
Capture22.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:50 pm
I've finally been able to figure out why these sometimes haven't been triggering for me. I keep my one-click screen undocked and if you bring this window to the top by clicking on the header or bottom bar of the one-click window then the shortcut servants do not become active. You need to bring the window to the top by clicking somewhere between the top and bottom bars, as per screenshot below.

Not sure if there is a reason why it is set like this? If not perhaps something to fix in a future update?

Capture22.png
I realise now, although I have all my BA windows separated, I still have my 'one-click' screen embedded in the 'main trading area' window. Thus the top and bottom bars I mention above are actually part of the 'main trading area' window and not the 'one-click' window.

Return to “Support”