Suggestion: Date stamp for Guardian rules and servants triggered

Help improve Bet Angel.
jamesedwards

It's my 5 year Bet Angel anniversary this month.

That means I've got five years worth of rulesfiles, automations, and servants saved in Guardian. It's a mess and I am scared to go through and delete old unused files in case it turns out they are actually still in use.

It would be great if there was some way to tell when each rulesfile was last triggered. Then I could delete unused files with impunity.
Derek27

jamesedwards wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:01 pm
It's my 5 year Bet Angel anniversary this month.

That means I've got five years worth of rulesfiles, automations, and servants saved in Guardian. It's a mess and I am scared to go through and delete old unused files in case it turns out they are actually still in use.

It would be great if there was some way to tell when each rulesfile was last triggered. Then I could delete unused files with impunity.
That would be useful if you got hundreds of rules files. I archive files I no longer use before removing them from the Automation folder. I also sync my Automation folder to the cloud, it saves the last 30 versions, so I can always roll back to a previous version if needed.

I've only got about 25 rules files, but I'd imagine if you have a huge number it would be handy if the software implemented a folder structure rather than having a long list to scroll down.
Derek27

Another possibility would be to use Windows Explorer to list the last accessed dates in you're automation folder. I'd expect it to stamp the date the file was last loaded in Guardian, and therefore accessed, rather than actually triggering. My folder seems consistent with the files I've used lately.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 011122.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:16 am
Another possibility would be to use Windows Explorer to list the last accessed dates in you're automation folder. I'd expect it to stamp the date the file was last loaded in Guardian, and therefore accessed, rather than actually triggering. My folder seems consistent with the files I've used lately.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 011122.png
Yes this works perfectly. Thanks Derek.

I was already using 'date modified' to get a steer how old they were but didn't realise there was a 'date accessed' column.

Return to “Suggestions”