ATP Tennis rights starting 2024

Euler

It's all change for the ATP Tennis rights, so this will have some impact on how you watch or get data on Tennis.

Amazon Prime didn't renew it's contract so it looks like SKY will be covering Tennis: -

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/D ... ennis.aspx

Sports radar have probably bid a silly amount for the data rights: -

https://sportradar.com/sportradar-wins- ... tp-rights/

The immediate upshot of this is that Betfair data contract for ATP matches will expire on the 1st January and they will need a new contract. So there will be no data feed from the 1st of January until a new contract is agreed. Some of that will depend on the cost and other terms. So you will have to live without the data until a new contract is agreed.
LeTiss

Not so great for automated traders, but good news for manual ones, because there's no question that liquidity fell on Masters 1000 events when Sky lost the contract
jimbo50

Tennis API scores feed
Due to a transfer of ATP tennis data ownership, we will no longer be able to offer the ATP and Challenger tennis feed to API customers from 1 January.

We hope to resume the service by May 2024, pending ongoing negotiations and integrations with the new data rights owner.

This will not impact the WTA events.

We apologise for any disruption to your trading. We are working hard to restore service.
aperson

Does any of this impact grand slams? TBH As long as it gets sorted I'd happily take a few months of pain in exchange for Sky having the coverage. Prime's unusable for trading.
EvilEd666

Hello. Sorry if I have misunderstood, but does this mean that I won't be able to trade men's tennis on Betfair?

Please would somebody clarify.

Thank you
Dallas

EvilEd666 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:15 am
Hello. Sorry if I have misunderstood, but does this mean that I won't be able to trade men's tennis on Betfair?

Thank you
The markets will still be available, its just there will be no live scores or server information for them
EvilEd666

Dallas wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:34 am
EvilEd666 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:15 am

Thank you
The markets will still be available, its just there will be no live scores or server information for them
Thank you. Will automation still work on these markets in the absence of no live scores or server information?
ODPaul82

EvilEd666 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:19 pm
Thank you. Will automation still work on these markets in the absence of no live scores or server information?
If any of your automation relies on current score/game/set/server, no it won't.
Tiger

So for those of us who manually trade tennis where should we go to watch it? Can I assume Bet 365 will also lose their coverage.

If Sky is anything like the BBC they could be a whole minute behind real time.
kristonkuls

Hi everyone,

Wanted to double check if there is any update on above subject, and perhaps some guess when/if livescores/server information may be available again? Or most likely we should aim for season without such data?

Thanks,

kristonkuls
Newbrawn

Yes I would like an update too. I have got so used to the scores on BA whilst trading. I struggle elsewhere so just sticking to WTA for the foreseeable for me I think.
Euler

I had a meeting yesterday about this and no new contract has been agreed at this moment in time.

I touch on the data rights issue, in this video - https://youtu.be/a7sbFn_WRUs
Yellow

So betfair seems to have scores on most ATP matches now... is the sticking point that they are not allowed to pass it on to BA through the API at this time?
lotora

Yellow wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:54 am
So betfair seems to have scores on most ATP matches now... is the sticking point that they are not allowed to pass it on to BA through the API at this time?
@Dallas. Anyone?
Euler

No license to expose live scores via API at the moment until they reach an agreement to do so.

We've looked at alternative sources, but it turns out none of those are licensed and don't have the same feed anyhow, they are very delayed.

Return to “Tennis Trading”