'Betfair transactions posted this hour' into Guardian?

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
jamesedwards

Is there any way to test against this in Guardian? I'm running automations that risk breaching the 5k transactions per hour threshold and would like to use this count to stop them running if I get close.
tryingtotrade

They didnt give me a warning on the first time, got charged immediately so be careful not to run over by a lot
Dabbla

Not directly, you would have to create your own.
sionascaig

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:10 pm
Is there any way to test against this in Guardian? I'm running automations that risk breaching the 5k transactions per hour threshold and would like to use this count to stop them running if I get close.
Could you set a signal to increment every time a bet is placed and reset every hour?

(with a condition in the place bets to only fire if signal < 5000, if you you are using offsets 2500)

Even if not accurate, could still provide an indication of risk level re max being breached. Could also add an alert to watchlist.
jamesedwards

Just checking, offering a bet and then cancelling it looks like it only counts as 1 total towards the transaction limit? Not 2? (1 for placing plus 1 for cancelling?)
Anbell

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:27 am
Just checking, offering a bet and then cancelling it looks like it only counts as 1 total towards the transaction limit? Not 2? (1 for placing plus 1 for cancelling?)
I think this is the official definition atm: "7.3 A ‘transaction’ shall include all bets placed and all failed transactions. Transaction Charges only apply to customers recording more than 5000 transactions an hour."

But my understanding is that every time you touch the servers on a transaction it counts as a transaction, so for example 'Take SP' is a transaction, as is cancelling. Having a mall bet via BA counts as at least two (maybe more)
tryingtotrade

What do you mean by mall bet?
It’s true that cancelling bets isn’t counted by the Betangel counter, but I thought it was seen as a transaction.
Geordie

tryingtotrade wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:08 am
What do you mean by mall bet?
It's just a typo, they mean 'small' bet.
Anbell

Correct. Thanks. I meant small.

Yes, a cancellation is a transaction but it isnt counted by BA.

BA's transaction counter hasnt been updated since BF changed the definition of transaction.
jamesedwards

Anbell wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:28 am
Correct. Thanks. I meant small.

Yes, a cancellation is a transaction but it isnt counted by BA.

BA's transaction counter hasnt been updated since BF changed the definition of transaction.
I've been doing 4k-5k bet placements plus 4k-5k bet cancellations per hour and haven't been charged anything yet.
tryingtotrade

Maybe you offset the charge by commission paid?
jamesedwards

Betfair have confirmed to me that a simple bet placement then full cancellation of that bet counts as just 1 total transaction towards the 5000 limit.

I think, however, that if you place a bet and then cancel part of that bet, or adjust stake, or adjust price, then each edit will count as an additional transaction, because you are creating a new bet.
Crazyskier

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:41 pm
Betfair have confirmed to me that a simple bet placement then full cancellation of that bet counts as just 1 total transaction towards the 5000 limit.

I think, however, that if you place a bet and then cancel part of that bet, or adjust stake, or adjust price, then each edit will count as an additional transaction, because you are creating a new bet.
That's very interesting, as I too, thought that cancellations counted. Have you this in writing from BF?

CS
jamesedwards

Crazyskier wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:53 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

That's very interesting, as I too, thought that cancellations counted. Have you this in writing from BF?

CS
Yes, on email. I would have been charged multiple transactions fees for last week if a bet then cancellation counted as two, and I have not been charged anything.
Anbell

jamesedwards wrote:

Thanks for the update

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”