Using Betfair from abroad

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
LiamMc

Good morning all, first time poster here so please go easy on me.

I've been reading and learning a lot about trading and am keen to get started however, in February I'm due to move to Portugal for work for 2 years. I saw that Betfair isnt available in Portugal at the moment so I was wondering if I'll be able to still trade if I use a VPN? Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

I already have an account with Betfair and will retain a UK address so proving my UK residency when it comes to drawing funds shouldn't be a problem.

Many thanks in advance!
Euler

You can use a VPN to connect, though technically it's against Betfair terms to be in another country and use a VPN, but lots of people do it.

Using a Virtual Private Server (VPS) could be a viable solution for your situation. A VPS allows you to remotely access a server that is located in a different country, such as the UK, where Betfair is available. This means that any connection you make with Betfair will always originate from the VPS, which would be in a location where Betfair is not restricted. It's a common method used by traders who travel or live in countries where Betfair is not available directly.

www.betangel.com/vps/
LiamMc

Thank you so much for your help, I'm glad I don't need to wait 2 years to start my trading journey now! :D

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”