Greyhounds bet a potential winner during a race

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

Hello,
I have the following question and it concerns greyhounds.
Basically, even when using the lowest possible refresh rates and during the race, the odds of any selection do not change much, in fact, I can't even tell when the race starts, because the time counter never goes out of the red.

For example, if you want to use the following strategy as a hedge:
A greyhound that before the race started had an odd of 20.0, during the race the odd shown on Bet Angel hardly moves, at the end of the race the greyhound is the winner.
I can't tell from the odds because the race may be very tight and fast, but let's say I want to bet on this greyhound as a form of strategy, how do I do it?
I think that if I put an odd as a target, for example 2.5 it will never be matched, I would like to know how you can place a bet during a race when the greyhound shows itself to be a potential winner.
Cheers
jamesedwards

The Bet Angel countdown is only to the scheduled off-time. Greyhound races do not go into play. Betfair will suspend the market when the hare is running, which is the only signal you can use to determine it's gone off (other than live pics of course). If they are late suspending the race then Betfair should go back and void any bets matched after the actual off-time.
RMSSC

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:12 pm
The Bet Angel countdown is only to the scheduled off-time. Greyhound races do not go into play. Betfair will suspend the market when the hare is running, which is the only signal you can use to determine it's gone off (other than live pics of course). If they are late suspending the race then Betfair should go back and void any bets matched after the actual off-time.
So it's not possible to place bets during the race.
Basically any trading is pre-race, am I right?
jamesedwards

RMSSC wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:22 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Correct, except if Betfair fail to suspend the market in a timely fashion.
RMSSC

jamesedwards wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:24 pm
RMSSC wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:22 pm
jamesedwards wrote:
Correct, except if Betfair fail to suspend the market in a timely fashion.
Ok, thanks

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”