Back after Lay at fixed price on hold

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RMSSC

Hi,
I want to implement the following strategy:
1st Lay to the 3rd pre-race favorite at an odd of 3.0, (which I can easily manage);
2nd Lay to the 1st favorite in the race when the odd reaches 4.0, (which I can easily achieve);

4th Back to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd favorite if they reach an odd back of 1.3 (here I can do it but not the way I want);
What is happening to me is that the back is only matched when the condition <1.35 is reached and I want it to be immediately unmatched bets at 1.3 when the odd for the third favorite (3.0), is matched just like the odd for the first favorite (4.0).

I'm back betting each of the selections as a rule, with a fixed price of 1.30 odd per book% and with the conditions of < 1.35. The trigger in these circumstances is only activated when there is a match in lay bets.

The result is that the back bet isn't always matched and it's not because of a lack of liquidity in the market, I deduce that it's on a waiting list, I want the bet to go on a waiting list in advance when it reaches odds of 3 and 4 on the selections in point 1 and 2.

Can anyone help me?
Cheers
Dallas

You can't place back bets lower than the current price (or lay bets higher than the current price) - Betfair just match them as soon as they are placed if a better price exists

The only way to do it is the way you have been and trigger the bet when your target price is reached
RMSSC

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:35 am
You can't place back bets lower than the current price (or lay bets higher than the current price) - Betfair just match them as soon as they are placed if a better price exists

The only way to do it is the way you have been and trigger the bet when your target price is reached
hi,
Thanks for your information Dallas.
Now I'm asking:
a) In Lader it is possible to do this, am I right?
b) If it is possible (I think so), why can't it be done in automation?
c) If it is possible in Ladder, is there any automation that already exists or that could be implemented to look for values that have not yet been matched in the back that are smaller than a certain odd, for example <1.20, and for the automation to calculate the value of the stake/price of the odd in order to cover the lay bet? In other words, place the price where the most money is available and distribute it over several prices in order to cover a lay bet.
Can you help me with this?
In the Ladder I've seen no availability at very low odds between 1.01 and 1.03.

Another question I'd like to ask is what is the minimum odd that a horse can get when it's in front at the end of the race and doesn't win?

Can anyone help me? I certainly have requests here for advanced automation which for the moment is not within my reach, I have just over a month with the software, I have yet to reach the heels of the sages of this forum when it comes to programming the software.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

In your images the cells you have highlighted is lay offers waiting to be matched (not back bets)

If you wasted to place a back bet at 1.10 and match the £7 your stake would need to match all the lay offers above that so £12 @ 1.17 plus £6 @ 1.11 plus £7 @ 1.10 (plus any other lay offer above 1.17
So your stake would need to be £25 at least to match all the money at 1.10 at the time your screen shot was taken

You'll get several runners trade at 1.01 and still be beat each week, Ita not that uncommon
've seen as many as 3 trade 1.01 and still lose in a single race

You can download the SP data from Betfair and that contains the lowest in-running price a every horse trades at in every race going back 15-20yrs
RMSSC

Thanks Dallas i was interpreting the server differently and thank you for your tips, I still have a lot to learn, but I don't give up :oops:

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”