Back and Lay based on % scenario

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
rob9112

hi everyone,

I've got an approach for trading around horses that I am looking to give a go and fully automate. I've taken a look at the rules and have a basic understanding of the interface.

As horse odds are all variable I'm looking to understand how to best create automated rule.

Horse back with stake of £5 - this will be consistent

Goal would be to generate trade of £1.50 profit or £1.50 stop loss. So essentially placing lay based on which is hit first and then I am presuming the other is then cancelled or not placed on which criteria is hit first.

Once rule has been created presume it would be a case of then just manually back the horses I want?

Appreciate the help.
Dallas

Yes, you just need the rule to trigger when you P/L targets are reached, this post shows how to create it
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Then once applied to the market in Guardian place your manual bet/s as normal, and when your Profit or Loss is reached the rule will trigger
rob9112

Thanks Dallas

I've read over it and imported the file.

I think the hedge loss i've not configured correctly, I changed the value to less than entered amount being £1.50.

However as its less than £1.50 it immediately applied the lay, rather than waiting to hitting £1.50.

I want it to green up when £1.50 is hit or place lay if loss hits £1.50.

Is this a different type of condition that needs to be selected, rather than "green all condition".

Lucky I am using practice mode ;)

Cheers
Rob
Dallas

You need to add a minus symbol before the amount
-£1.50
rob9112

Dallas wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:02 pm
-£1.50
Thanks i've updated and giving it a go.... is there extra criteria to add, as if £1.50 profit or loss isn't met then id still want the lay placed regardless be in a profit or loss if that makes sense.
Dallas

rob9112 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:32 am
Dallas wrote:
-£1.50
Thanks i've updated and giving it a go.... is there extra criteria to add, as if £1.50 profit or loss isn't met then id still want the lay placed regardless be in a profit or loss if that makes sense.
Not really sure what you mean?

If neither of your rules trigger it'll mean you've made a profit of under £1.49 or a loss of -£1.49 or above
rob9112

Dallas wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 am
rob9112 wrote:
Dallas wrote:
-£1.50

If neither of your rules trigger it'll mean you've made a profit of under £1.49 or a loss of -£1.49 or above
Sorry probably not the clearest.

I've placed a manual back of £5 on a horse at say 5.0. I've then ran the automation rules over that bet. If odds come in to meet £1.50 profit then place lay or odds drift to -£1.50 loss then place lay.

I don't want it to go in play - so time wise I put it 1 minute before event off time.

What if profit or loss criteria of £1.50 hasnt been hit, then I'd still have my fiver back bet sitting there as it isnt going in play on the race with no lay.

Does that make sense?
Dallas

rob9112 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:00 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:22 am
rob9112 wrote:

Sorry probably not the clearest.

I've placed a manual back of £5 on a horse at say 5.0. I've then ran the automation rules over that bet. If odds come in to meet £1.50 profit then place lay or odds drift to -£1.50 loss then place lay.

I don't want it to go in play - so time wise I put it 1 minute before event off time.

What if profit or loss criteria of £1.50 hasnt been hit, then I'd still have my fiver back bet sitting there as it isnt going in play on the race with no lay.

Does that make sense?
Yes, thats clearer now

So all you'd do is add another green up rule but this time without any conditions and set it to trigger something like
00:00:05 secs before start time
until 00:00:00 after start time

Then just to be sure you never have two greening rules fire at the same time the two with profit conditions on need to only be armed until 00:00:06
rob9112

I tried adding 2 additional rules to the pre-defined rule set link you gave me but it ended up placing lots of backs and lays.... I couldnt understand it. I tried a few times and it messed up.

Would you be able to help update the rule set file to what I need please and share? I'd be happy to pay a small fee via paypal?
Dallas

rob9112 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:46 am
I tried adding 2 additional rules to the pre-defined rule set link you gave me but it ended up placing lots of backs and lays.... I couldnt understand it. I tried a few times and it messed up.

Would you be able to help update the rule set file to what I need please and share? I'd be happy to pay a small fee via paypal?
If you post the file or screenshots of the rules I'll take a look
rob9112

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:43 pm
rob9112 wrote:

Attached - I used "green up" for everything. I could see other options like place lay, which I'll take a look at but if you can fix it that would be very much appreciated.

Id expect there to be set of backs placed by me and then equivalent number of corresponding lays either at profit or loss.

Intention was that up until 1 minute before off the profit / loss was £1.50 and then with less than a minute to go take whatever i.e. 0.32 profit or 0.26 loss etc.

I put 2 seconds inbetween the set of rules to allow next set to kick in.

Thanks for your help so far
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

rob9112 wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:11 pm
Dallas wrote:
rob9112 wrote:

Attached - I used "green up" for everything. I could see other options like place lay, which I'll take a look at but if you can fix it that would be very much appreciated.

Id expect there to be set of backs placed by me and then equivalent number of corresponding lays either at profit or loss.

Intention was that up until 1 minute before off the profit / loss was £1.50 and then with less than a minute to go take whatever i.e. 0.32 profit or 0.26 loss etc.

It only needs the one Green all selections rule and with no conditions to do a final green up
Also just 3-5 triggers is enough (yours was set to unlimited)

I've made the changes to your file below which should now work as you want'
Profit or Loss 1.50.baf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rob9112

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:23 pm
rob9112 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

It only needs the one Green all selections rule and with no conditions to do a final green up

Profit or Loss 1.50.baf
Cheers that looks good. I tried it on two races and the first it worked as expected. The second it seemed to place a bunch of lays when the market was suspended... unless that was just me imaging it.
Dallas

rob9112 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:52 pm
Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:23 pm
rob9112 wrote:

Profit or Loss 1.50.baf
Cheers that looks good. I tried it on two races and the first it worked as expected. The second it seemed to place a bunch of lays when the market was suspended... unless that was just me imaging it.
You can't place any bets while a market is suspended
rob9112

Thanks - I've included an example, I placed the 4 back bets then ran the rules file.

Not sure why it placed lays all at the same time and for exhalted angel - it wasn't 1 minute before the off so the last rule shouldnt have kicked in and the profit / loss of £1.50 hadnt been reached either way for the first 2 rules.

Unless im missing something?

Thanks again Dallas

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”