Automation Issues - why won't they trigger?

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
LXM

I have created a simple automation rule to Lay nominated selection 1.

What I would like to do is set all the races and horses that I want to lay for the day before I go to work, then have the automation rule trigger and Lay the appropriate horses.

However, as far as I can tell when you close BetAngel it defaults to the Bet Confirmation window coming up, which I think will stop the automation working?

also the logs seem to disappear? so I can't tell if things have trigerred anyway. I have spent a fair few hours tonight and last night trying to work it all out.

Also if i set the rule to trigger before the off and stay live until after the off (-00:02:00 until +00:10:00) will this take the bet in play?

I am hoping someone can help me and shed some light on this, or maybe what I want to do isn't possible, and you have to be at the computer for the automation to work?

Thanks

Louis
Anbell

LXM wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:55 pm
I have created a simple automation rule to Lay nominated selection 1.

What I would like to do is set all the races and horses that I want to lay for the day before I go to work, then have the automation rule trigger and Lay the appropriate horses.

However, as far as I can tell when you close BetAngel it defaults to the Bet Confirmation window coming up, which I think will stop the automation working?

also the logs seem to disappear? so I can't tell if things have trigerred anyway. I have spent a fair few hours tonight and last night trying to work it all out.

Also if i set the rule to trigger before the off and stay live until after the off (-00:02:00 until +00:10:00) will this take the bet in play?

I am hoping someone can help me and shed some light on this, or maybe what I want to do isn't possible, and you have to be at the computer for the automation to work?

Thanks

Louis
You have to turn off Bet Confirmation. Go to settings/behaviour and untick

You also need to make sure that you computer is set to not go to sleep
LXM

Thanks, I have already turned off the bet confirmation and saved these settings.

The issue is that when I exit BetAngel and then start it back up it, it reverts to the default settings and I have to select my new saved settings from the drop down again.
Anbell

LXM wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:27 pm
Thanks, I have already turned off the bet confirmation and saved these settings.

The issue is that when I exit BetAngel and then start it back up it, it reverts to the default settings and I have to select my new saved settings from the drop down again.
go to settings/save settings
LXM

Yep i’ve done that
Anbell

LXM wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:18 pm
Yep i’ve done that
When when you start up BA, before you log in, choose the correct settings. You should only need to do it once
image_2023-12-12_111720413.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LXM

Thanks i’ll give that a go. Will the bets trigger once i’ve closed BA and turned off my laptop?
Euler

All operations on Bet Angel run locally, so if you turn off your PC Bet Angel can't connect to Betfair and will not do anything. So you will need to leave it on.

Alternately you can run Bet Angel on a VPS: -

www.betangel.com/vps/
LXM

Thanks, i’ll look into the VPS option.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”