Stop loss on the ladder

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
mrmenstig2

If i set a stop loss on the ladder interface does it hold into the event/game if
1. I switch markets
2. log out of bet angel trader?
basically will my stop loss hold if i have to log out/goto work/bed etc?
ODPaul82

1) Unless you have it set via automation, no.
2) No
mrmenstig2

even if i hit the keep all button it wont hold the stop loss? can i use automation in betfair trader or do i need the next version up?
mrmenstig2

Maybe if i explained things a bit better :) , these are football markets, lay the draw.
Im looking to lay the draw pre-match and take 10% profit on stake. Now ive run this for around 2-3 weeks now at £2.5-£3 a lay on odds of 2.5 to 5.5 and its working really well. Most of the time i am able to close/cash out positions if they are running against me (i.e it looks like a draw) BUT i have a series of nightshifts coming up and i wont be able to be at my pc.
I need to be able to set up my bets in daytime , add a stop loss at say 50% of stake and have it kept in the market when i log off shut down my pc to goto work.
Can this be done with bet angel trader or do i need bet angel pro and could anyone give me any advice on how to set this up . I watched to youtube video but im not sure on how far id need to set the offset bet/ stop loss /set at ticks settings or even if this would hold the stop in the market. I cannot find automation within bet angel trader so im guessing its only in bet angel pro
ODPaul82

The simple answer is no.
If you have a stop loss set and you close betangel, it won't trigger. No idea about bet angel trader it's about 15 years since I last used that as I use pro.
Dallas

Bet Angel Trader has no automation so you'd need to use Bet Angel Pro for all types of Automation

As Paul said you need to be logged into Bet Angel and have it running for it to be able to send the bet to Betfair once triggered, but also Stop Loss bets get cancelled when the market is turned in-play because once most of the money disappears it will in most cases create large spreads for a few seconds and therefore cause 99% of stop bets to be triggered

So you'd need to either trigger the bet once in-play to use the Global settings stop loss, or do it in a more sophisticated way and use stored values to set your trigger and place at prices - you can then add a condition like 'Unsuspended Time Condition' to test it was at least a few seconds since the market was last suspended, therefore allowing time for the marker to settle and reform in-play before allowing the stop to be triggered
mrmenstig2

so theoretically it could be done, if i lay a draw at 3.6 for £3 you could possibly set a stop loss for £2.5 and have it trigger 5 seconds into the game using automation within bet angel pro.
So theoretically you could do this for multiple matches the same way using automation menu and conditional settings within the program. I have this correct?
mrmenstig2

by setting the stop loss for £2.5 I mean I'm willing to loose £2.5 on the lay bet .
Anbell

mrmenstig2 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:41 pm
so theoretically it could be done, if i lay a draw at 3.6 for £3 you could possibly set a stop loss for £2.5 and have it trigger 5 seconds into the game using automation within bet angel pro.
So theoretically you could do this for multiple matches the same way using automation menu and conditional settings within the program. I have this correct?
Yes. You need your computer awake though.
Dallas

Anbell wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:35 am
mrmenstig2 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:41 pm
Yes. You need your computer awake though.
Also the bet will trigger and be placed but there's no guarantee it will be matched especially if the market is in-play when Betfair impose a bet delay, and also they aren't very useful on football as the odds can dramatically shift after a goal so as the market reforms your stop bet might now be unmatched in no mans lands well away from the new price its forming around.

Unless you are opening a trade where the time decay is pushing the price against you (rather than it moving that way after a goal or possible red card)

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”