Is football trading dead? Or is it just waiting for a killer algorithm?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.

Got a second-half LTD weapon with an 86% success rate?

Full automation? Set it and forget it profits?
81%
Manual trading? Outsmart the market with lightning-fast picks be flexible?
15%
Paid picks channel? Share the wealth and build a community?
4%

Total votes: 26
3virgul14

Hey BA crew, I've been wrestling with a question for 2+ years: can AI crack the code to consistent football profits? Well, I think we just scored a screamer of an algorithm. ⚽️

Here's the lowdown:

This bad boy scans live fixtures and predicts goals in the second half with:
86% accuracy if it's 1-1 or 2-2 at halftime!
78% accuracy if it's a goalless draw!
Over 90% of these picks turn green in the second half if you lay the draw , good old LTD with the help of AI driven analysis!

We've tested it on 2500+ selections, so no dodgy selection bias here.
Now, the million-dollar question: how do we unleash this beast?

Full automation? Set it and forget it profits? Sounds tempting...
Manual trading? Outsmart the market with lightning-fast picks? ⚡️
**I'm throwing the ball to your court, fellow traders! ** Which way do we take this? Share your thoughts, strategies, and how to turn this algorithm into a gold mine!

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not spilling all the beans just yet. Let's keep this exclusive to serious traders. :ugeek:

Last edited by 3virgul14 on Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael5482

3virgul14 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:10 am
Hey BetAngel crew, I've been wrestling with a question for 2+ years: can AI crack the code to consistent football profits? Well, I think we just scored a screamer of an algorithm. ⚽️

Here's the lowdown:

Over 90% of these picks turn green in the second half if you lay the draw , good old LTD with the help of AI driven analysis!

**I'm throwing the ball to your court, BetAngel! ** Which way do we take this? Share your thoughts, strategies, and how to turn this algorithm into a gold mine!

P.S. Don't worry, I'm not spilling all the beans just yet. Let's keep this exclusive to serious traders. :ugeek:

With all that AI driven analysis, surely you'd know how to best implement the said strategies. No good having all that "accuracy" if the prices aren't right.

Forgive me if I'm slightly skeptical.
Derek27

We're not Bet Angel, we're the Bet Angel community.

After all that analysis, I would have thought the next step is to put a price/probability on the outcomes, look for value and test to small stakes.
sionascaig

3virgul14 wrote:

Are you saying you have tested it on over 2500+ games that were 1-1 or 2-2 at halftime or 2500+ games, some of which were 1-1 or 2-2?

If the later, how big was that sample & why did it matter that is was 1-1 or 2-2 at half time as opposed to any other score?

(maybe at risk of looking for a pattern that isn't there if can't answer the later question)

edit - but good post, woke me up from my xmas slumber )
Euler

Everybody uses the term AI, now it's popular. So that immediately sends up a red flag to any casual observer.

If you have an edge there is no debate really. Just automate it and make a fortune.

Where people are being fooled this season is there are more goals than normal, so strategies, such as lay the draw and working better than normal. But people think it's down to their picks or strategy and nothing to do with the market.

So at the point of greatest optimism that your new strategy is working is the point at which the odds and your strategy start to revert.

I've been betting heavily on more goals this season and made a lot of money. But I know the market will catch up eventually.
Michael5482

Euler wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:40 pm
Everybody uses the term AI, now it's popular. So that immediately sends up a red flag to any casual observer.

If you have an edge there is no debate really. Just automate it and make a fortune.

Where people are being fooled this season is there are more goals than normal, so strategies, such as lay the draw and working better than normal. But people think it's down to their picks or strategy and nothing to do with the market.

So at the point of greatest optimism that your new strategy is working is the point at which the odds and your strategy start to revert.

I've been betting heavily on more goals this season and made a lot of money. But I know the market will catch up eventually.
Yep more goals was to be expected with the additional time increasing the length of games. Supporting evidence was already there from the World Cup. I'm sure from memory it was the highest scoring World Cup of all time, which is no coincidence with more minutes played.
Kai

Quite the trilemma :)

I think oversharing the edge would water it down faster, so not a fan of #3.

To the sceptics it may appear you have already decided with #3 and all you're looking for is to generate interest.

But to the rest of us, unless there are extra layers behind the above choices, like wanting more taxable income or whatever, then it should probably be relatively straightforward, in wanting to keep it for yourself either way. Not really a part of any service type communities as such, but I imagine such communities are a fickle bunch, soon as the edge goes they go as well.
henbet22

Option 2. Plus you can be flexible and martingale it/average in at 90mins if no joy in the previous 45. :) Bonanza city.
Atho55

The overall No of draws and away wins per Premier League season looks to be changing.....

Draw & Away Win.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
3virgul14

Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:19 am
3virgul14 wrote:
Hey BetAngel crew, I've been wrestling with a question for 2+ years: can AI crack the code to consistent football profits? Well, I think we just scored a screamer of an algorithm. ⚽️

Here's the lowdown:

86% acuracy if it's 1-1 or 2-2 at halftime!

**I'm throwing the ball to your court, BetAngel! ** Which way do we take this? Share your thoughts, strategies, and how to turn this algorithm into a gold mine!

With all that AI driven analysis, surely you'd know how to best implement the said strategies. No good having all that "accuracy" if the prices aren't right.

You have a point, prices are ever changing dynamic of this equation, no AI can resolve that. That`s why you gotta have correct money management and discipline integrated into the `hardwork` of AI.
3virgul14

sionascaig wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:02 pm
3virgul14 wrote:

Are you saying you have tested it on over 2500+ games that were 1-1 or 2-2 at halftime or 2500+ games, some of which were 1-1 or 2-2?

If the later, how big was that sample & why did it matter that is was 1-1 or 2-2 at half time as opposed to any other score?

(maybe at risk of looking for a pattern that isn't there if can't answer the later question)

edit - but good post, woke me up from my xmas slumber )

It was not a backtest, algorithm has chosen over 2500 games live and expected a team to to take the lead in order to create a green screen , then after a while it was clear there is a certain division between the SR and scoreline. And we made changes in the algorithm accordingly.
Michael5482

3virgul14 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:33 am
Michael5482 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:19 am
3virgul14 wrote:

Here's the lowdown:

86% acuracy if it's 1-1 or 2-2 at halftime!

You have a point, prices are ever changing dynamic of this equation, no AI can resolve that. That`s why you gotta have correct money management and discipline integrated into the `hardwork` of AI.
Doesn't sound like AI to me if your still having to incorporate money management and discipline into your AI. AI is supposed to simulate human intelligence so it should be sorting your money management and discipline out for you along with finding value.

What you've' created is a database and a model.
3virgul14

Euler wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:40 pm

Some of the algorithmic picks actually perform poorer than last season atm, since I am continously observing them from the start of post-pandemic football era, I was a bit suspicious too. Many variables at play, VAR effect, no supporter away games effect etc but they keep delivering.

Anyhow we have created a public telegram channel where we share picks almost everyday, you can see for yourself .
Euler

So you're selling picks?
sniffer66

Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:29 pm
So you're selling picks?
and there it is :)

Return to “Football trading”