Is football trading dead? Or is it just waiting for a killer algorithm?

Football, Soccer - whatever you call it. It is the beautiful game.

Got a second-half LTD weapon with an 86% success rate?

Full automation? Set it and forget it profits?
81%
Manual trading? Outsmart the market with lightning-fast picks be flexible?
15%
Paid picks channel? Share the wealth and build a community?
4%

Total votes: 26
Michael5482

Sets off alarm bells when you read "AI' "Algorithmic" "Telegram Channel" Reminds of of that Greg Secker who pollutes my YouTube with the very same trading sales tripe adverts.
Kai

Thought people realized it was more of a sales pitch than an attempt at discussion, I checked out the links on his forum profile before replying and gave him the benefit of the doubt :)

But hence my comment about OP already deciding to go with option 3, to package and sell etc.

Would only really makes sense if the algo is more marketable than tradable.
Archangel

Its hard to imagine the most analysed sport in the world would have any great edges any more. Or if it did they would not last long!
Euler

Archangel wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:15 pm
Its hard to imagine the most analysed sport in the world would have any great edges any more. Or if it did they would not last long!
There is a surge of good results this season based on more goals. So I've seen a marked increase in people taking advantage of that.
jimibt

Michael5482 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:41 pm
Sets off alarm bells when you read "AI' "Algorithmic" "Telegram Channel" Reminds of of that Greg Secker who pollutes my YouTube with the very same trading sales tripe adverts.
yah, greg secker is the bane of my YT feed. what annoys me most about him is the arrogant display of that old sk00l yuppie style wealth (lines such as "isn't it beautiful here in scotlnd. i'm here with MY team in one of my many second homes after finishing work at 08:30" .. etc.

he definitely pollutes as you say. similar techiniques are such a turn off and do make the YT experience all the worse.
Kai

jimibt wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:01 am
yah, greg secker is the bane of my YT feed
Never heard of the guy but sounds like quite the comedian :D I love a good parody :)
Derek27

jimibt wrote:
Michael5482 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:41 pm
yah, greg secker is the bane of my YT feed. what annoys me most about him is the arrogant display of that old sk00l yuppie style wealth (lines such as "isn't it beautiful here in scotlnd. i'm here with MY team in one of my many second homes after finishing work at 08:30" .. etc.

he definitely pollutes as you say. similar techiniques are such a turn off and do make the YT experience all the worse.
Hope the tornado went through his first home. :mrgreen:
Euler

Kai wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:30 am
jimibt wrote:
yah, greg secker is the bane of my YT feed
Never heard of the guy but sounds like quite the comedian :D I love a good parody :)
There is a thread on here somewhere... Let me find it.

viewtopic.php?t=5580
Archangel

Long before Crypto millionaires there were Forex millionaires. Almost makes one nostalgic of the get rich quick schemes of the past :lol:
3virgul14

It is all for free, we have been sharing the picks of this algorithm for more than 3 months, over 200 selections so far so no need to get nervous. No pickpocketing here :ugeek:

I will also share them here as I can ..

Btw Peter, you are one of the industry pioneers for selling trade related tools and courses, I dont think its a shame if anybody sells information in exchange for monetary tools.. :mrgreen:
sniffer66

3virgul14 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:22 am
It is all for free, we have been sharing the picks of this algorithm for more than 3 months, over 200 selections so far so no need to get nervous. No pickpocketing here :ugeek:

Btw Peter, you are one of the industry pioneers for selling trade related tools and courses, I dont think its a shame if anybody sells information in exchange for monetary tools.. :mrgreen:
For free is good, and gives it a chance to prove itself with no risk. You'll always get the types of responses above though, when there are so many scammers out there.

Do you plan to monetise it at some point in the future once it's proved itself ?
Euler

3virgul14 wrote:
It costs a lot of money to develop, maintain and support the software.

If you have something that just works, scale it and make a lot of money. I have made most of my money is through using the software rather than any proceeds from its sale. There is a lot more money in doing that. It costs so little in comparison to what you can yield with a decent system.

So if you have something that works, focus on that.
3virgul14

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:59 am
3virgul14 wrote:

For free is good, and gives it a chance to prove itself with no risk. You'll always get the types of responses above though, when there are so many scammers out there.

Do you plan to monetise it at some point in the future once it's proved itself ?
It has proved itself long ago. There is a growing pressure to monetise it from the following crowd , that`s why I was brainstorming about it here in the 1st place.

As it comes to the types of responses above , it`s the problem of ignorant forum members. If you just click on my profile, I am a 13 year active member here , have been trading full time for 11 years and my contribution has been genuine in most topics. That shouldnt be hard to spot before you label someone as scammer. Pure bollocks.

Thanks for the intelligent replies though. :idea:
Kai

3virgul14 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:45 pm
I am a 13 year active member here , have been trading full time for 11 years and my contribution has been genuine in most topics.
Well, so was Caan ;) Many a Jedi end up seduced by the dark side :)

But yes, I gave you the benefit of the doubt on account of your profile, so offered a genuine reply. Usually it's the first time posters that come peddling stuff.
Euler

3virgul14 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:45 pm
As it comes to the types of responses above , it`s the problem of ignorant forum members. If you just click on my profile, I am a 13 year active member here , have been trading full time for 11 years and my contribution has been genuine in most topics. That shouldnt be hard to spot before you label someone as scammer. Pure bollocks.

Thanks for the intelligent replies though. :idea:
Nobody is questioning that, they are just debating the merits of doing so.

Like I said, maximise it's potential, but by doing it yourself.

Return to “Football trading”