Back to lay - fill or kill

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Roobetter

I have a file with a back and a lay offset bet will a fill or kill of 10 seconds.

Yesterday i had 2 back bets that werent filled but the lay bets were but i thought fill or kill avoided this issue???
Dallas

The fill/kill prevents the offset being placed until after the opening side of the bet is matched, but it doesn't guarantee the offset part of the bet will then be matched

Do you have the log for the market?
Roobetter

No i do not as my computer did a windows update and i lose all my betangel trades etc.

It happened twice. is there a way around this or a way to get out if there is a lay bet in place by itself instead of a back. im taking big risk if this happens and its in live mode.
sionascaig

You have the fill/kill checkbox ticked?
Dallas

Roobetter wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:34 pm
No i do not as my computer did a windows update and i lose all my betangel trades etc.

It happened twice. is there a way around this or a way to get out if there is a lay bet in place by itself instead of a back. im taking big risk if this happens and its in live mode.
A windows update won't delete your Bet Angel logs, they get saved upon exit of the software providing the market was on your main trading screen
https://betangel.freshdesk.com/support/ ... -log-files

The software will only do what you instruct it to do, but you can green up/ close a trade anytime you want. If trading pre-off you should be ensuring all positions are closed / greened up before the market goes in-play either doing it manually or running a rule in Guardian or as a safety servant
Roobetter

looking at it further something stragnge is going on, ive deleted some rules (eg a lay to back rule) but it stillseems to be employed? is this a bug? i also deleted a stop loss and its defintely not on the file but for some reason it greened up a stop loss.
Dallas

Roobetter wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:01 pm
looking at it further something stragnge is going on, ive deleted some rules (eg a lay to back rule) but it stillseems to be employed? is this a bug? i also deleted a stop loss and its defintely not on the file but for some reason it greened up a stop loss.
You'd need to post up the log file and screen shot of the the rule/s file (or attach the file being used).

People (including myself) have created, edited and deleted millions of rules since automation was introduced and no one has seen one still continue to fire after its been removed so chances of it being a bug that's never happened to anyone else is over the last decade is going to be very very remote

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”