How to place a bet/lay using a stored value?

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
kenfrost

I am trying to set a bot up to place a back/lay on a specific row at a price from a stored value.

The bot does not trigger at all, so working through it step by step my first query is have I set up the parameter correctly?

I have it set to "place at stored value price which is named 'back price minus 1' for the current selection"

Is this the way to tell the bot to use a stored value?

Thanks
Dallas

Probably best to post a screenshot of what you have

Step one should be to make sure the stored value rule has the box at the bottom of the stored value tab ticked so it gets written to the log when it triggers

Then on your bet rule for the 'Place at' option on the parameters tab select the stored value option and enter the name of it
(also make sure you select the right level its stored at ie, if you are storing it on the selection make sure select that and not the market, event or bet angel options)
jamesedwards

kenfrost wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:23 pm
I am trying to set a bot up to place a back/lay on a specific row at a price from a stored value.

The bot does not trigger at all, so working through it step by step my first query is have I set up the parameter correctly?

I have it set to "place at stored value price which is named 'back price minus 1' for the current selection"

Is this the way to tell the bot to use a stored value?

Thanks
Sounds like an error in your set-up. Have you double checked the SV names and levels? Post relevant screenshots and someone might spot the issue.
kenfrost

Dallas wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:00 pm
Probably best to post a screenshot of what you have

Step one should be to make sure the stored value rule has the box at the bottom of the stored value tab ticked so it gets written to the log when it triggers

Then on your bet rule for the 'Place at' option on the parameters tab select the stored value option and enter the name of it
(also make sure you select the right level its stored at ie, if you are storing it on the selection make sure select that and not the market, event or bet angel options)
Thanks I have ticked the boxes you mention, and have tried to place it at the stored value option.

Do I have to put inverted commas around the name of the stored value?

My logs show nothing is happening:(
kenfrost

here is the screenshot, is there something wrong with it please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

I can’t see a rule setting the SV I’m assuming that the back bets is setting it.

You need to set the SV in a separate rule ,not in the same rule that is placing the bets. That rule needs to set before the back bet.
kenfrost

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:51 am
I can’t see a rule setting the SV I’m assuming that the back bets is setting it.

You need to set the SV in a separate rule ,not in the same rule that is placing the bets. That rule needs to set before the back bet.
Thanks, I have set up various stored values.

Re you second comment, do you mean I should not be placing a bet on a named sv?
Dabbla

kenfrost wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:12 am
Dabbla wrote:

No , you can do. When it comes to order of operation, the bets need know beforehand what price it needs to bet at.
Have a rule that sets the SV then another rule the places the bets.
kenfrost

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:36 am
kenfrost wrote:
Dabbla wrote:

No , you can do. When it comes to order of operation, the bets need know beforehand what price it needs to bet at.
Thanks, clearly there is a problem elsewhere in my bot that is causing it to do nothing :(
jamesedwards

kenfrost wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:42 am
Dabbla wrote:
kenfrost wrote:

Thanks, clearly there is a problem elsewhere in my bot that is causing it to do nothing :(
Where is the SV 'back price minus 2' coming from? Post the bot and someone will take a look.
kenfrost

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:49 pm
kenfrost wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:42 am
Dabbla wrote:

Where is the SV 'back price minus 2' coming from? Post the bot and someone will take a look.
Thanks, I've realised now that what I am trying to do (identify gaps in the back book) is a lot more complex than the bot I created. As such I am scratching my head as to how to do it.

I've seen threads where people say they use excel, but that is currently beyond my level of knowledge of guardian.

Return to “Support”