Still confused about the way Peter uses back/lay bets

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
FlawedLogic1

In the majority of his videos Peter seems to be using Back bets (clicking on the numbers in the lower left of the ladder) to go long in the market and vice versa with lay bets to short. However I thought that I was supposed to be Laying to go long by clicking on the empty boxs in the bottom right of the ladder (adjacent to the price you would like to buy) to place lay orders and then clicking in the empty boxes in the top left to place those back orders to the sell or lay the bets. Would appreciate it if someone could clarify this for me, thanks!

EDIT: Just to add to this, when I click the back numbers in the bottom left it instantly places an order at the next available price no matter which price I click in the ladder however when Peter clicks a number in that area it places a buy order that stays until the price hits it. (The only way I can get an order places in the lower section is by clicking the lay (right side) of the screen.
Space&Time

Peter uses a reverse ladder as most I believe most do.

https://youtu.be/Z9AMS4aNv-w?si=gqANNn3WnoMYSiVq
FlawedLogic1

Space&Time wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:11 am
Peter uses a reverse ladder as most I believe most do.

https://youtu.be/Z9AMS4aNv-w?si=gqANNn3WnoMYSiVq
That makes total sense :lol: I thought i was going mad, thankyou!
Kai

Personal preference really

Use whatever makes most sense to you, to get used to it quickest

For me it made sense to use back side on the left, with back money on top pushing the price down
Fugazi

It is one of lifes great mysteries. Why Peter designed the software himself then uses the reverse function.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”