Calculating Logarithms and Other Functions

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
cuthbertdavies

I'm amazed by the capabilities of automation rules, especially once you get the hang of them. However, I'm having trouble finding a way to calculate the logarithm of a number using rules. Ideally, being able to calculate powers and exponentials would be fantastic as well, but finding a solution for logarithms is my priority. Specifically, I'm looking to calculate the logarithm value of odds. Once I figure that out, I should be able to handle the rest of the calculations within a rules file.
ODPaul82

cuthbertdavies wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:31 am
I'm amazed by the capabilities of automation rules, especially once you get the hang of them. However, I'm having trouble finding a way to calculate the logarithm of a number using rules. Ideally, being able to calculate powers and exponentials would be fantastic as well, but finding a solution for logarithms is my priority. Specifically, I'm looking to calculate the logarithm value of odds. Once I figure that out, I should be able to handle the rest of the calculations within a rules file.
There isn't a built in log function with rules.
You could calculate it through excel integration and use the log function in there then transfer the value back into BA with a stored value and then perform a rule on that.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”