Dallas Suggestion

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
NotBothered

everyone wants to make a Scalper that works without the small profits large loss scenario

So could we try this

Make a basic Scalper that everyone can use - vanilla

then make some add ons that people can add if it works for their situation

a. volatility analyser -- monitor the increase and decrease over the last 5 minutes and if the volatility is increasing when it wants to open a trade block it

b. range monitor -- only allow the scalper to buy at bottom 3rd of the market and sell at the top 3rd of the market -- and avoid getting caught at bad positions .. constantly monitor the range size and recalculate as a dynamic value

c. greyhound add on : avoid markets where the trend is one way with no retracement (I saw you had something similar elsewhere) .. so if the move is 10 ticks without a 3 tick anti move then disable scalping

probably more -- but this just may make peoples lives different -- where you have a base : and then choose your add ons
sionascaig

I think there are already examples of all this already in the automation section?

And they are exactly that - examples of what you can do with automation.

If you want to develop a suite of scalper bots maybe best to have a go yourself and if get stuck then can ask forum for help?
Dallas

There are indeed several variations of scalping examples mostly in the pre-off section ranging from simple to those using more complex logic

However for the reasons I've just posted here it's impossible to create a profitable bot that can then be shared with anyone else
viewtopic.php?t=24368&start=71
Fugazi

Dallas,

I can't be arsed to go to work tomorrow.

Could you go for me?

Cheers
Derek27

Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:38 pm
Dallas,

I can't be arsed to go to work tomorrow.

Could you go for me?

Cheers
:lol: Only just noticed the irony in the OP's name.
Kai

Be nice lads, no harm suggesting things and Dallas covered it effectively there already

Some good advice in the OP from a manual POV too and people roughly do this on bigger markets, where I feel markets with most volume are probably most comfortable to scalp, think football/cricket/cheltenham etc

But ye auto would be a different game, turning a software tool into an actual service for everyone doesn't sound too realistic I'm afraid
Fugazi

Kai wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:52 pm
Be nice lads, no harm suggesting things and Dallas covered it effectively there already

Some good advice in the OP from a manual POV too and people roughly do this on bigger markets, where I feel markets with most volume are probably most comfortable to scalp, think football/cricket/cheltenham etc

But ye auto would be a different game, turning a software tool into an actual service for everyone doesn't sound too realistic I'm afraid
Fair enough
sionascaig

Yes, I liked the way OP broke it down..
Euler

At last count Dallas had uploaded 267 bits of automation of some sort or another. That's plenty to be getting on with and build upon.
NotBothered

Yes I agree dallas has provided 100 different automations in various forms but most are not correct in terms of using in the market

we can all sit back and make 1 trade work but to make 100 trades work is a different kettle of fish plus due to each market being different due to rating of the race and price differences then you need an approach where you can be able to adapt to the scenarios

so you could build one for one set of pricing and grade and another for something else.

Simply saying well lets base on weight of money or gaps - etc is way too generic to work even adding conditions

I am suggesting that instead of pumping out automations that lack focus - that we build a library of things that can actually be used to make money ..... because if you read the comments on each of the things provided - no-one can get them to work as they are currently produced.

Therefore lets at least consider changing how automations are presented

Problem 1 : backing or laying at the wrong end of the range - need a range filter
Problem 2 : losing way more ticks than the scalping gain -- therefore needs a volatility filter and / or a price monitor -- if your scalping for 1 tick and the average price difference is 7 ticks then this is not a market to scalp -- because if you use a stop loss then it would be pretty useless

there are more obviously

and as far as saying I am lazy - I already loaded an updated/modified file of Dallas's in one of the threads - where it adds a time breakdown so you can just monitor the periods and use different values for different times -- as there is no point using the same value from 20 minutes to 10 seconds - the market changes

+ as far as the above problems - even once we assembled a library of filters - then people would still need to fine tune it according to their setup and the individual markets you program them to select -- but the difference being that there is alot more change for them to make money than to lose.
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:32 pm
I am suggesting that instead of pumping out automations that lack focus - that we build a library of things that can actually be used to make money ..... because if you read the comments on each of the things provided - no-one can get them to work as they are currently produced.
As has already been mentioned on this thread, they are just examples/templates for you to modify and customise to suit your needs.

It's not possible for several people to share the same successful bot because they'll all be fighting over the same money at the same price - only one of them may get it, so it will no longer be successful for the person who put in the hard work building it.

You seem to have the right ideas for a bot, my advice is to have a go at developing your own from one of Dallas's templates. If you can make it profitable, keep it for yourself, don't share it. :)
NotBothered

yes its a fair call about well - if we give everything away then it has no value - point taken

but I am also saying something a little different

Lets identify the main reasons the automations fail as is : say ok here are the solutions 1-10 -- choose the ones you want to use -- you still need to identify the markets to use them on - as it will not solve that problem for you

Plus people can then see OK well this is how I use stored values more accurately for the situation I am in and can get to their resolution quicker ... adjust their settings and situations.

So it is not exactly here it is ready to go nothing to do sort of thing that many are concerned about .. it is more about saying here are why the simpler versions are not working for you -- here lies the answer -- this is the approach and increase the chance a user will have success.
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:51 pm
yes its a fair call about well - if we give everything away then it has no value - point taken

Lets identify the main reasons the automations fail as is : say ok here are the solutions 1-10 -- choose the ones you want to use -- you still need to identify the markets to use them on - as it will not solve that problem for you

Plus people can then see OK well this is how I use stored values more accurately for the situation I am in and can get to their resolution quicker ... adjust their settings and situations.

So it is not exactly here it is ready to go nothing to do sort of thing that many are concerned about .. it is more about saying here are why the simpler versions are not working for you -- here lies the answer -- this is the approach and increase the chance a user will have success.
The first thing you need to understand about automation is that it's extremely unlikely to work first time. Even the best botters will have many ideas that fail and are scrapped. The successful ideas will require many attempts and tweaks to get them working.

The next thing you need to understand is that when a bot doesn't work, there isn't 1-10 solutions. There's usually an infinite number of solutions and will often require making adjustments and retesting, just like fine-tuning a radio.

As I keeps saying, but it seems to go through one ear and out the other, the reason the templates are not profitable is that they're not designed to be profitable - it's to get you started off. It's like purchasing a bicycle frame, you don't try to ride it, you need to attach wheels, handlebars, pedals, gears and a chain!
NotBothered

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:52 pm
NotBothered wrote:

The first thing you need to understand about automation is that it's extremely unlikely to work first time. Even the best botters will have many ideas that fail and are scrapped. The successful ideas will require many attempts and tweaks to get them working.

The next thing you need to understand is that when a bot doesn't work, there isn't 1-10 solutions. There's usually an infinite number of solutions and will often require making adjustments and retesting, just like fine-tuning a radio.

As I keeps saying, but it seems to go through one ear and out the other, the reason the templates are not profitable is that they're not designed to be profitable - it's to get you started off. It's like purchasing a bicycle frame, you don't try to ride it, you need to attach wheels, handlebars, pedals, gears and a chain!
I just think the thing is - my post is not written towards someone like you - who knows what to do and the structure

my suggestion is to help the others who are unsure or unclear what to do to achieve a result - as most posts from those people are -- I lost money - this doesnt work - and they do not understand just how complex these issues are

Yes I understand - but this is not directed towards you really
Derek27

NotBothered wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:40 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:52 pm
NotBothered wrote:

I just think the thing is - my post is not written towards someone like you - who knows what to do and the structure

my suggestion is to help the others who are unsure or unclear what to do to achieve a result - as most posts from those people are -- I lost money - this doesnt work - and they do not understand just how complex these issues are

Yes I understand - but this is not directed towards you really
I haven't come across many on her who fit that category and expect to make easy money from trading/botting, although there have been a few. But my advice to them would be exactly the same.

Have you thought about creating a bot for them if you want to help them?

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”