Cheltenham Festival 2024

The sport of kings.
Michael5482

conduirez wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 pm
One of the things that always bugs me is Cheltenham is it is supposed to be about the best, but over the years one of our best riders never really gets a look in.

Brian Hughes, forgive me if I am wrong, had only one runner at the festival this year, the guy has over £7 million in earnings, if he turns up for only one race on a northern track, the odds on the horse shifts. Over the years he has been prolific, a great champion Jockey a great rider, but at The Cheltenham Festival his face don't fit.

I just find it unbelievable.
He doesn't fit in with racing's southern bias however he's very much appreciated and respected in the north of England. He's a proper grafter as well.
Euler

Betfair was about level on turnover year on year on the last day. Betdaq was up 33%
Michael5482

Enjoyed the last two days, better racing than 1st 2 days. I don't really bother with short priced favs and prefer to look at the mid/higher prices so bit of a red for me betting wise across the 4 days but I bet for entertainment and not bothered about value, beating SP or trading.

Certainly performed better than Tony Calvin despite the red :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”