In-play

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
RacingGuy

Hi guys,

I'm making $1.5k a month from pre race horse scalping but I'm very unsure about taking it in-play any thoughts?.
arbitrage16

In play is a different beast altogether, but I find the opportunities more plentiful. It's also more interesting to me than pre-race, more going on, you have to manage your mindset and state much more closely.

If you are learning I would say focus on one or the other. Doing both on the same market is usually a recipe for disaster, at least at first.
Anbell

RacingGuy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:28 am
Hi guys,

I'm making $1.5k a month from pre race horse scalping but I'm very unsure about taking it in-play any thoughts?.
try it for very small stakes and see how you go.
Bubace

RacingGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

make some rules at stick to them, for instance, maybe avoid sky tracks, only trade the first 50% of the race and close at 70% regardless, only trade over a mile, only trade tracks with bends {don't go near Newcastle} never back to win the race and lay to lose the race, always set servants to place offsets where you want profit to be, and if your reason for entering changes even slightly get out and minimise losses

and good luck
ANGELS15

RacingGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

I had to check the date of this post.
Fugazi

ANGELS15 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:27 pm
RacingGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

I mean I'm impressed. New to the forum and also the highest earning scalper.

And to top it off, such an expert trader asking the most generic , simple question on the whole forum.

Obviously going for the "wait for people to personal message me then spam them my product" angle. Shame on you all for responding seriously to this thread.

BeGiNnEr TrAder , I know its you. At least you managed to spell the username correctly this time.
Bobajob

RacingGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

If you are using automation go for it

viewtopic.php?t=24368
viewtopic.php?t=13202
RacingGuy

arbitrage16 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:07 am
In play is a different beast altogether, but I find the opportunities more plentiful. It's also more interesting to me than pre-race, more going on, you have to manage your mindset and state much more closely.

If you are learning I would say focus on one or the other. Doing both on the same market is usually a recipe for disaster, at least at first.
Yeah I tried doing in-play only to lose good money but what I do now is make money pre race and than create a risk free bet if my horse loses I lose $0 but if it gets close to #1 i hedge my position for some extra money. But the probability is coming low.
RacingGuy

Bubace wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:50 am
RacingGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

make some rules at stick to them, for instance, maybe avoid sky tracks, only trade the first 50% of the race and close at 70% regardless, only trade over a mile, only trade tracks with bends {don't go near Newcastle} never back to win the race and lay to lose the race, always set servants to place offsets where you want profit to be, and if your reason for entering changes even slightly get out and minimise losses

and good luck
Correct I try to get out after half the race is done or I made 50% more on my already built pre race profit. Btw how are you doing with trading.
RacingGuy

Fugazi wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:17 pm
ANGELS15 wrote:
RacingGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

And to top it off, such an expert trader asking the most generic , simple question on the whole forum.

Obviously going for the "wait for people to personal message me then spam them my product" angle. Shame on you all for responding seriously to this thread.

BeGiNnEr TrAder , I know its you. At least you managed to spell the username correctly this time.
I don't know what you talking about but don't worry I won't spam anyone.
Fugazi

RacingGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:14 am
Fugazi wrote:
ANGELS15 wrote:

My mistake. Wish I was making 1.5k scalping.

Best of luck
RacingGuy

Fugazi wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:37 am
RacingGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:14 am
Fugazi wrote:

My mistake. Wish I was making 1.5k scalping.

Best of luck
Bro it's not that hard it's possible with right methods.
hecojef928

RacingGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am
Yeah I tried doing in-play only to lose good money but what I do now is make money pre race and than create a risk free bet if my horse loses I lose $0 but if it gets close to #1 i hedge my position for some extra money. But the probability is coming low.
While it's tempting to perceive scalping profits as 'Free Bets,' it's important to recognize that you're essentially risking your hard-earned hedged profit. Chasing larger gains without a plan could jeopardize your profits in the long run and provide a less accurate view of your performance as a scalper over time.
Crazyskier

I'm with Angels here, something not as it appears...

CS
Kai

hecojef928 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:25 pm
RacingGuy wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:12 am
While it's tempting to perceive scalping profits as 'Free Bets,' it's important to recognize that you're essentially risking your hard-earned hedged profit. Chasing larger gains without a plan could jeopardize your profits in the long run and provide a less accurate view of your performance as a scalper over time.
Yes, well said. Without a plan all you could be doing is inviting a lot more variance etc. Been meaning to have a word with Derek about this concept!

Btw hecojef928 are you aware that you've not made a single grammatical error in 27 posts and all your sentences are perfectly structured? If you are writing these yourself I'm impressed 👏

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”