How can I limit losses when Stop losses aren't hit

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Adamd20

Hi All,

I have been using the automation to scalp Greyhounds and Horses pre-race which has had a good success rate, I have setup a stop loss at 10ticks below but occasianlly it doesn't get matched and I lose my full liability. What would be the best way to limit these losses?

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.
Fugazi

Adamd20 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:08 pm
Hi All,

I have been using the automation to scalp Greyhounds and Horses pre-race which has had a good success rate, I have setup a stop loss at 10ticks below but occasianlly it doesn't get matched and I lose my full liability. What would be the best way to limit these losses?

Use "green up" instead, or as a backup. Green up gives you bad value though. Especially if there is a gap bigger than 1 tick between back and lay prices

You will likely find no matter what, you'll get stung in that automation. Lots of successful markets then a big loss comes along and wipes out the profit
jimibt

Fugazi wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:24 pm
Adamd20 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:08 pm
Hi All,

Use "green up" instead, or as a backup. Green up gives you bad value though. Especially if there is a gap bigger than 1 tick between back and lay prices

You will likely find no matter what, you'll get stung in that automation. Lots of successful markets then a big loss comes along and wipes out the profit
to further add to that. Gappy markets are BAD candidates for auto greenups. In fact, you may wish to only enter the market once there has consistently been a period where the gaps are more or less evenly distributed (i.e. small). I'd also really look closely at the stop loss amount. The way to win at this game is not so much reading the market as being right (in simple terms) 50% of the time (it is more difficult than that, but you get the gist).

Money Management!! - To this end, your profit ticks would HAVE to be somewhere between 15 and 18 ticks. You'll find that once the gaps are gone that targets of 6,8 ticks or more are very difficult to hit 50% of the time, so might be wise to see how you fare on looking at 4-5 tick max.

sorry if that blows your strategy out a little, but this has been my observations.

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”