Dating sites

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Iron

Has anyone any experience with dating sites?

I seem to get nowhere with them!

You'd have thought that, with so many people on the site, it would be easy for most people to find someone who's right for them. But most of the messages I send don't even get replied to! It seems that the only people I'm interested in aren't interested in me, and vice versa!

It seems I'm not alone. I came across this review of a dating site, which reflects the sort of experience I've had: http://www.ciao.co.uk/match_com__Review_5799346

I'd like to think that my lack of success is because women think 'He must have a girlfriend', but I suspect I'd be indulging in self-delusion! LOL!

Jeff
PeterLe

Jeff,
maybe when you are evaluating the girls you are doing too much technical analysis....just use fundamental analysis and you will be away!
regards
Peter :)
Iron

Hi Peter

If I weren't such an honest guy, I might try a bit of spoofing! Women seem to move in the direction of the weight of money! ;)

Jeff

PS If any women are reading this, I don't mean it! *ducks for cover*
PeterLe wrote:Jeff,
maybe when you are evaluating the girls you are doing too much technical analysis....just use fundamental analysis and you will be away!
regards
Peter :)
gutuami

just for fun try to register with a female name (or ask a close female friend to do it for you) put there a few pictures and you'll see the opposite. That's because women have much more offers.
PeterLe

Just tell them you turn over a couple of million a month on Betfair! That will work!
Just close the sale, then tell them what they have bought afterwards!
Iron

That's true.

A female ex-colleague found a new partner in literally a couple of days! And without wishing to sound unkind, she's no oil painting!

That said, a lot of the messages women receive are from weirdos making crude suggestions! I've only had one indecent proposal (and sadly, she wasn't my type!).

For all the talk of the gender revolution, there are still big differences between the sexes IMHO. For example, many women on the dating sites write variations of 'If you're just after one thing, don't bother contacting me'. I bet that you don't get that in many men's profiles!

Jeff
gutuami wrote:just for fun try to register with a female name (or ask a close female friend to do it for you) put there a few pictures and you'll see the opposite. That's because women have much more offers.
LeTiss

PeterLe wrote:Just tell them you turn over a couple of million a month on Betfair! That will work!
Just close the sale, then tell them what they have bought afterwards!
Good idea, perhaps replace your picture with Peter Webb's

If Peter can get regular sex..........anyone can!!

:lol:

Only Joking Euler
Zapata

How about something like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... raphy.html

Cheaper in the long run.

Have a Merry Christmas all.
to75ne

have you considered the real world, like go out into it and meet some real ones?
Iron

It is the real world - the women on these sites are (I hope!) not fictitious! :)

But yes, I have. Dating sites are just easier for everyone concerned. Everyone on the site knows everyone else is single and looking for someone. So you don't have to worry about whether your advances might be unwelcome, or whether the woman has a big, hard boyfriend who's about to return from the bar!

Jeff

to75ne wrote:have you considered the real world, like go out into it and meet some real ones?
to75ne

jeff,

"So you don't have to worry about whether your advances might be unwelcome, or whether the woman has a big, hard boyfriend who's about to return from the bar!"

but thats half the fun. your denying yourself so much excitment. its supposed to be messy, confusing, impracticle, illogical not nice and neat.

try the real world and take a machine gun approach.
LeTiss

Jeff,

If you're looking to get your leg over, but are worried about unwelcome advances, may I suggest taking a look at this site instead?

http://www.ukredlightareas.co.uk/
Iron

Thanks, but if I wanted a shag without the having to bother with chatting someone up in a bar, I'd save myself some money and visit an adult dating site!

But with either option, there's the risk I'd wake up one fine morning with a nasty little rash, so I'll pass! :)

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote:Jeff,

If you're looking to get your leg over, but are worried about unwelcome advances, may I suggest taking a look at this site instead?

http://www.ukredlightareas.co.uk/
Last edited by Iron on Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iron

Making passes at women who don't want to be bothered isn't my idea of fun! :) It's a bit like telesales, but without the prospect of making any money!

But I'm probably going to bite the bullet soon and do it anyway! I'm getting nowhere with the dating sites!

Joking aside, I'll approach it in a positive manner. I was once a double glazing canvasser, so I'm used to having the door slammed in my face!

Jeff
to75ne wrote:jeff,

"So you don't have to worry about whether your advances might be unwelcome, or whether the woman has a big, hard boyfriend who's about to return from the bar!"

but thats half the fun. your denying yourself so much excitment. its supposed to be messy, confusing, impracticle, illogical not nice and neat.

try the real world and take a machine gun approach.
CaerMyrddin

Jeff, c'mon cyber dating?

Get yourself into dancing classes, painting classes, whatever. Don't ever show any kind of desperation and always be smiley, kind and polite. Don't be easy, if you know what I mean. In a certain way, behave like a girl (but only in this way)!!

Be like that for 6 months. Watch who's who. You'll be increasing dramatically your changes. Good luck ;)

Return to “Chill Out Area”