Dating sites

Relax and chat about anything not covered elsewhere.
Iron

What's wrong with cyber dating? :)

It allows you to filter out people who are already attached and people who are clearly unsuitable.

Thanks for the advice, although I'd like to think that I'm already smiley, kind and polite! :)

Thanks

Jeff
CaerMyrddin wrote:Jeff, c'mon cyber dating?

Get yourself into dancing classes, painting classes, whatever. Don't ever show any kind of desperation and always be smiley, kind and polite. Don't be easy, if you know what I mean. In a certain way, behave like a girl (but only in this way)!!

Be like that for 6 months. Watch who's who. You'll be increasing dramatically your changes. Good luck ;)
CaerMyrddin

You're missing my point. Go out and meet people ;)
Iron

From the lack of success I've had on dating sites, that might be my best (and only!) option! :)

Jeff
CaerMyrddin wrote:You're missing my point. Go out and meet people ;)
LeTiss

Dating sites are full of women looking for dates

Either your approach is all wrong, or you look like Carlos Tevez
Iron

Neither actually!

As this review of a dating site shows, you can be a good looking, friendly guy (if you'll excuse the immodesty!), and still struggle on a dating site: http://www.ciao.co.uk/match_com__Review_5799346

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote:Dating sites are full of women looking for dates

Either your approach is all wrong, or you look like Carlos Tevez
LeTiss

The reason I said that Jeff, is because 3 years ago me and two mates registered on Plentyoffish

We had an immature game to see who would get the most responses & I had about 25 women actually contact me

I just assumed all dating sites would be the same
Iron

PS Note to self - be careful in future what you post in the forum when you're drunk! :) LOL!

Jeff
Iron

Did you not worry you were playing with the women's emotions? They could have thought that they'd found the man of their dreams, only to have their hopes dashed! :)

I'm actually on Plenty Of Fish myself.

I have had some women contact me, but generally not women I've been attracted to! Sod's Law, I suppose! LOL! But I believe my profile tells women that I'm a nice guy (and no, I won't post a link to prove it! :) ). And whilst I'm not as young as I used to be, I'm not unattractive, if I do say so myself!

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote:The reason I said that Jeff, is because 3 years ago me and two mates registered on Plentyoffish

We had an immature game to see who would get the most responses & I had about 25 women actually contact me

I just assumed all dating sites would be the same
CaerMyrddin

(and no, I won't post a link to prove it! ).
Please ;)
Iron

No, I'd never live it down! :) LOL!

Jeff
CaerMyrddin wrote:
(and no, I won't post a link to prove it! ).
Please ;)
PeterLe

Just found the link :-

http://www.uglypeople.se/showpic.php?id=192

Only Joking Jeff!! :D
Iron

Very funny! :)

I'll probably regret this, but from what I've said, it won't be too hard for people to find the link. So to save you the bother, here it is:

http://www.plentyoffish.com/viewprofile ... d=24148442

Jeff
PeterLe wrote:Just found the link :-

http://www.uglypeople.se/showpic.php?id=192

Only Joking Jeff!! :D
LeTiss

LOL

My ex-girlfriend lives in Preston

Perhaps I should send you her number!
Iron

That depends on your motivations for wanting to fix me up with her! :) LOL!

Jeff
LeTiss 4pm wrote:LOL

My ex-girlfriend lives in Preston

Perhaps I should send you her number!
Zenyatta

Hi Jeff,

I signed up for the biggest one, OKCupid,just out of curiosity really.

A couple of things you need to realize:

*The dating websites are largely looks based- unless you are fortunate enough to be a guy in the top 20% in the looks department, its hard to get replies. You need a really good photo, preferably one which has an interesting background or shows you doing something interesting. I suspect your photo is not that great, get a good shot of you outdoors by the ocean (for example) or in an unusual location and I think you'll find you get a better response rate.

*Any girl with decent looks on a dating website gets bombarded with hundreds of messages a week and thus is only going to end up replying to a few of them.

*Experienced users warn its just like the bar scene on steroids. They don't call them 'meat markets' for nothing (see the above two points). Neither bars nor dating websites are good places to meet girls unless you are a PYT ('Pretty Young Thing'), because the girls are jaded and on the defensive due to getting hit on all the time, and only really respond favorably to really attractive guys. Basically its for PYTs looking to hook up with other PYTs.

Return to “Chill Out Area”