Article: Buy euros – the single currency is finished

Long, short, Bitcoin, forex - Plenty of alternate market disuccsion.
Iron

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comm ... ished.html

I think this is a bad idea.

If things to get so awful that the Euro in its current form is dismantled, then the poorer Eurozone countries may default on their European Central Bank loans.

If that happens, I wouldn't want to be holding any Euros.

Jeff
PeterLe

I've just exchanged £500 at the airport for euros and was shocked to see I only got €495 !! i remember not long ago we was getting 1.6 !
CaerMyrddin

The gentlemans on Great Britain are really euro sceptic.

Germany can't afford to let the other countries default, as many of these countries are liquid importers from Germany. It's all donw to politics now, when the elections period is over a real down to earth solution will be found.

I sympathise Merkel's idea to limit debt in the Consitution. I don't know how things work on the other countries, but here in Portugal when a government wants to show work it signs a contract with a private company that makes the job in a year or two. With a bill to be paid in the next 20 years with ridiculous conditions, which is a commitment that other governments shouldn't have to bear, in a certain way it's as if a government had to do what the previous wants them to.

I'm not against credit and debt, but surely not at this level. :oops:

The only solution for us is to stop spending, although I was shocked to know last christmas is the new record spending christmas here... :oops:
Iron

CaerMyrddin wrote:The gentlemans on Great Britain are really euro sceptic.
Hi CaerMyrddin

Well, I think we have good reasons for being glad we're not currently in the Eurozone! :)
CaerMyrddin wrote:Germany can't afford to let the other countries default
True, but it also can't afford to carry on bailing them out forever.

And I think even Germany would struggle to bail out Spain or Italy.

It's a no-win situation.
CaerMyrddin wrote:The only solution for us is to stop spending.
Surely what the world needs right now is more spending by the public, as it would stimulate the global economy. The world economy will only grow if there's investment, and business aren't going to expand if demand for their products is low. It's a vicious circle...

Jeff
sweetybt

PeterLe wrote:I've just exchanged £500 at the airport for euros and was shocked to see I only got €495 !! i remember not long ago we was getting 1.6 !
Surely you know the exchange rates at the airport are crap.

or were you visiting the type of premises abroad which only accept cash :oops:
oddstrader

PeterLe wrote:I've just exchanged £500 at the airport for euros and was shocked to see I only got €495 !! i remember not long ago we was getting 1.6 !
peter that has to be a mistake you should be getting €570 ish
enzabella2009

Ferru123 wrote:
CaerMyrddin wrote:The gentlemans on Great Britain are really euro sceptic.
Hi CaerMyrddin

Well, I think we have good reasons for being glad we're not currently in the Eurozone! :)
CaerMyrddin wrote:Germany can't afford to let the other countries default
True, but it also can't afford to carry on bailing them out forever.

And I think even Germany would struggle to bail out Spain or Italy.

It's a no-win situation.
CaerMyrddin wrote:The only solution for us is to stop spending.
Surely what the world needs right now is more spending by the public, as it would stimulate the global economy. The world economy will only grow if there's investment, and business aren't going to expand if demand for their products is low. It's a vicious circle...

Jeff
British are euro sceptic but, they were not sceptic about loans, credit cards, credit stores, mortgages, remortgages, rerererereremortgages... :lol: :lol:
even a 5 years old child could get a loan in britain about 2 years ago...meanwhile the royals and the bankers are laughing....

Return to “Trading Financial markets”