lets move to Betdaq

The purple place, the most viable alternative to the Betfair exchange
trader1978

Surely if everyone who trades agreed to move to betdaq it would prove such a massive loss for betfair it might make them pull their finger out to provide us with a site that is as stable as it should be. I understand sometimes things can go wrong but it feels like this is a problem that is occurring regularly with betfair. I've never known a site to go down much at all but betfair just seem to always have this problem. Whenever their site provides a service for betting and trading and more importantly in play, they should pull out all the stops to make sure it is as stable as can be and I don't believe they make much of an effort to do that. If they did it wouldn't be happening week in week out. They seem to be producing millions in profit every year and increasing, why can't they provide us with a stable service when its us who make them those millions. I think its time everyone took a stand against them. PROMOTE BETDAQ TO EVERYONE, LETS MOVE TO A PROVIDER THAT CARES FOR OUR BUSINESS. Promote it in all betting forums or any other way you can, lets get everyone traders and betters alike to use betdaq and then maybe we might get the service we deserve
Dobbin

Hi Trader

I have moved has any one else ?

Dobbin
AReasonedView

I would love to move but can't - I tried when they introduced the PCharge - but the graphs are no good on Betdaq, you sit all day at the front of the queue and nobody takes your bet - I mainly operate on football with horses as my 2nd trading medium and the football markets are poor over there. Yesterday I had layed 3-1 to RMadrid at 12.5 with a view to a trade for £250. With the crash I had a look to see what money was at the daq to square it off - there was £7 at 12's & £158 at 11's - that was it. I've tried it - I put my money there but hardly anyone took my bets - so I made on average £1 a game instead of £50 over here. I've got bills to pay & mouths to feed so unfortunately can'ty switch. I tried it with the horses and also struggled. The only way it could work is if they take the bull by the horns, invest loads more in Betdaq's website, introduce an unbeatable commission offer to make punters switch in their numbers but to me they don't seem brave enough and are happy to plod along in the slow lane. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it happen but I really can't see it.
Iron

AReasonedView wrote: but the graphs are no good on Betdaq
I agree. They're amateurish. I emailed Betdaq's marketing director about that, as revamping the charts would be a relatively cheap way of gaining an advantage over Betfair, but he didn't reply.
AReasonedView wrote:I mainly operate on football with horses as my 2nd trading medium and the football markets are poor over there.
I find that surprising, given how much money is matched on football matches.
Adster

Betdaq just cannot compete with the football markets. As a scalper, pre match, in play and at HT there is just no money to achieve the results can do with Betfair.

They know they have us by the gonads and hold the aces. Shame, i cant see that changing.
Alpha322

Adster wrote:Betdaq just cannot compete with the football markets. As a scalper, pre match, in play and at HT there is just no money to achieve the results can do with Betfair.

They know they have us by the gonads and hold the aces. Shame, i cant see that changing.
I tried it for first time, think i will withdraw the funds with the small profit i struggled to make due to lack of liquidity.
:roll:
Euler

When Betfair started there was no liquidity and the markets were messy. So, did I give up and try and find something else? Nope, I worked hard to find a way to make it work. It's just a lack of imagination that stops people from doing things.
Innertube

Betfair increase charges because they can. People don't leave so they will continue to charge more and more all the time that people sit there and take it up arse. FACT.
johnboy

Hi
I'm sure more people would if they had the same facility for greening up stakes as Betfair.

Johnboy
LeTiss

Euler wrote:When Betfair started there was no liquidity and the markets were messy. So, did I give up and try and find something else? Nope, I worked hard to find a way to make it work. It's just a lack of imagination that stops people from doing things.
That's harsh Peter

I need to earn regular money, we all do.

When it comes to sport markets, the liquidity on Betdaq is hopeless. I can't afford to sit and wait for everybody else to join me.
jimrobo

lets be honest. As professional sports traders we are just as much to blame as everyone else. We all sit around and moan theres not enough liquidity for us to move to betdaq which is true but theres no reason we can't do the odd race or football match every now and again on top of our betfair trading. If we all started bunging screenshots of us making money on betdaq it would help move people accross no end.
Dobbin

I agree Peter

we all started somewhere back in the days.

It is getting a bit like domestic abuse.

Same Cycles.

The difference is I did not hang about to see if Betfair would give my profits another beating.

In fact Betdaq is better, at the moment, than when Betfair started out for those that can remember

The more Betfair read about traders being willing to put up with it the less they will inclined to do anything about any real change.

Why should until they see money moving to Betdaq

Dobbin
Last edited by Dobbin on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

LeTiss 4pm wrote:That's harsh Peter

I need to earn regular money, we all do.

When it comes to sport markets, the liquidity on Betdaq is hopeless. I can't afford to sit and wait for everybody else to join me.
But that's the problem really, nobody is willing to leave the table. I wouldn't expect people to deliberately exit the game, but even if only a few regulars put a few quid on the purple it may change peoples opinion of it.

At the end of the day I am not niave enough to pretend that I can influence how the market shapes itself, but I know it would benefit from a more competitive landscape.
Euler

jimrobo wrote:If we all started bunging screenshots of us making money on betdaq it would help move people accross no end.
Like this one: -
110315 - Betdaq - Handicap chase - EDIT.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Iron

In fairness, that market was a tad more liquid than most you get on Betdaq! :)

Jeff
Euler wrote:
jimrobo wrote:If we all started bunging screenshots of us making money on betdaq it would help move people accross no end.
Like this one: -
110315 - Betdaq - Handicap chase - EDIT.png

Return to “Betdaq exchange”