Cheltenham 2011

The sport of kings.
rhysmr2

Well I'm enjoying Cheltenham so far!

Had a couple of good days, I normally hate the larger meetings but it seems different at the moment?

I even finished early today :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JollyGreen

rhysmr2 wrote:Well I'm enjoying Cheltenham so far!

Had a couple of good days, I normally hate the larger meetings but it seems different at the moment?

I even finished early today :)
Nice one!
hgodden

[quote="rhysmr2"]

quote]

I'm only doing the Cheltenham races. How are you finding the others? Maybe theres an increase in real volume in those as well due to the cheltenham factor?
rhysmr2

hgodden wrote: I'm only doing the Cheltenham races. How are you finding the others? Maybe theres an increase in real volume in those as well due to the cheltenham factor?
Well, if you look at my P&L my biggest wins have come from Cheltenham but I have found much more money about in the other meetings as well. Worth giving them a go anyway!
SpikeyBob

Well done Rhys, I'm pleased for you. Especially as you have stated a few times in the past that you don't tend to do well at the big meetings.

I have also noticed the last two days that the other meetings don't appear to have suffered the usual loss of liquidity due to a big meeting being on.
Euler

Well done Rhys.
Euler

I've had another blinding day on Betdaq, I have trounced my Betfair total. I am generally trading 15-5 minutes out on Betdaq and the last five on Betfair. I had a string of similar results today, here is the last race: -
110316 - 1715 - Betdaq - Copy.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddy

Made about 200-00 today so not to bad,

thought it would be much better though as i was almost 200 up by about 3-00pm and spent the rest of the day breaking even :lol:
SamWilson82

Euler wrote:I've had another blinding day on Betdaq, I have trounced my Betfair total. I am generally trading 15-5 minutes out on Betdaq and the last five on Betfair. I had a string of similar results today, here is the last race: -
110316 - 1715 - Betdaq - Copy.png

I had a pop at betdaq today aswell alongside BF. It follows the betfair market quite closely so as long as the horse you are trading is fairly stable you can nip in and out really nicely. I only got caught on one steam and it felt impossible to get out so youve got to be V quick to take a loss on the chin. I will definately have a go again tommorrow as the betfair markets are so thick. I agree though probably best to hit betfair in the closing stages as the fill rate picks up.
gutuami

rhysmr2 wrote:
hgodden wrote: I'm only doing the Cheltenham races. How are you finding the others? Maybe theres an increase in real volume in those as well due to the cheltenham factor?
Well, if you look at my P&L my biggest wins have come from Cheltenham but I have found much more money about in the other meetings as well. Worth giving them a go anyway!
very different for me. The biggest wins come from other meetings. ;) Cheltenham races with the odds of 5 and up with a poor fill rate seem very difficult to trade.
Predicton

Hi All,

I take my hat off to you lads (and any lasses) who have done well at Cheltenham. I've taken this week off work to see what trading at the biggest meetings is like and haven't even been able to scalp a trade, let alone a swing.

It's great to know that it can be done.

I made a small loss yesterday and went over to the greyhounds to get it back (it's a bit too grand to call it a strategy, but it keeps my bank from eroding).

I made 1p, lol, on an early race and defended it tigerishly throughout the afternoon, with scratch after scratch (I always did love defending, comes with watching The Dons' Leeds I suppose) until late on when eventually I made a loss, then back to the dogs.

It has been great fun playing against the best though, and I'm looking forward to giving it another go tomorrow.

It's such a challenge that I can't understand why beginners get so annoyed with it.

Anyway, good luck to all tomorrow,

P
Euler

I did manage a decent swing at Huntingdon, but most of the other races where not that interesting for me. I missed a good one at Southwell when I got into the market too late.
110316 - 1535 - Copy.png
Predicton

Brilliant, well done. The sense of satisfaction must be very rewarding,

cheers, P
Euler

Total volume so far £44.9m vs £44.1m last year. Volumes are flat year on year. I'll take back what I said about favourite volumes in a previous post, as I was using price adjusted volume in the previous calculation (which I spotted this evening) so I'd say there is no more or less money being traded on the favourites this year.
Euler

Loving the shocking racing inbetween races, just abou to get stuck into this three runner at Hexham (NOT).

Return to “Trading Horse racing”