New non runner rules

The sport of kings.
andyfuller

The one in April was slightly different as the horse did have its head over the other stall for a split second but wasn't to dissimilar to tonight.
andyfuller

SpikeyBob wrote:I've been hit by these new rules a couple of times already this month. Both times I've lost out, it's not loads tbh, just a bit annoying and lowering the daily profits.

Needless to say, I waiting for karma to kick in and looking forward to a big red being voided as that gets stuck in the starting gates. :)
Not sure what SpikeyBob was on about here? He said he had been hit by the new rules a couple of times but to my knowledge the first such case wasn't until a couple of hours after he posted the above?

Have I missed some other rule?
andyfuller

Euler wrote:I think they should declare it a runner if its loaded, that is really simple. For me the contentious ones have always been the jumps when a horse is playing up and never really starts.
The idea of the rule was for cases like where Fallen was not even sat on the horse and the handler had a hold of it. Not how it is currently being applied.
Iron

I think this is a bit like football's active/inactive offside rule, in that it adds nothing to the sport, and causes irritation and confusion...

Jeff
rubysglory

It should be really quite simple. If the horse is unimpeded at point of release it is a runner - wether or not it actually runs or not is another issue. If the rules are being bent, or being seen to be bent, because a runner may be a first or second favourite, the industry is treading very dangerous waters. Hopefully just a learning curve for British Racing, but from reading these posts it appears as if the Starter and Stewards lack the training to properly make a judgement.

rg
Innertube

I agree, racing needs some hard and fast rules not uncertainty and questions.
Euler

Stratford this evening 20:25. Horse with the main group but doesn't jump off with them on a jumps race. Declared a non runner after the race. This is getting a little confusing. Basically it looks like anything could be declared a non runner now.
Euler

There was a falt race where a runner refused to race when the stalls opened. But that was declared a runner.
Euler

14:45 Wolverhampton

Horse rears in stall BEFORE the race has started, chucks jockey and departs the stalls at the start without rider.

Under these new rules that's a nailed or rock solid 100% rule four.

But the horse IS declared a runner. What a farce this rule is.
andyfuller

I didn't hang around for the verdict as I thought it was a shoe in Withdrawal. Can't believe it wasn't - bet it would have been if it had been shorter in price.
andyfuller

I know the new rules looked at the flat but something really should be done about the jumps as well.

Been two cases today where the first hardly got going before throwing in the towel and the one in the 20.50 just never looked like it was going to race.

Yes they were the easiest money I made all day but it is just wrong for racing that this practice is allowed to continue.
andyfuller

Also I laid it right at the off at 22.0 and 26.0 yet the BFSP returns 1000.0. More like the BF a bit in to the race SP.
Last edited by andyfuller on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andyfuller

LOL looks like it was a non runner after all :lol:

...He gets off his soap box
Euler

How on earth was Blue Tiger declared a runner at Thirsk. Horse rears at the start, gets it neck stuck on the top of the stalls and throws the jockey off backwards. But it's a runner. Backers have been completely raped on that one.
Innertube

Impossible to work out what the rules really are imho.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”