SIS at home

The sport of kings.
superfrank

is it possible/feasible?

At The Adverts (can't remember who called it that but it's spot on) gets right on my nerves.

Yesterday was great as all the races on RUK except Navan which I didn't bother with.
JollyGreen

Yes, you can have an SIS at Home service and it's £8K per year plus VAT. I also believe it is a 2 or 3 year contract.
superfrank

thanks.

that's a bit out of my price range atm!

does anyone here have it?
JollyGreen

I had it for a period, I bought out a contract from someone at a knock down price. It definitely gives you an edge for the IR stuff and if you pick up on a horse playing up early then that will also help you.

You also don't get the adverts and the inane drivel and ramblings from the Tango Kid Matt Chapman :lol:
superfrank

does it have pre-race analysis from SIS equivalents of Alex Quinn?

JollyGreen

Yes it does but it can depend on how busy it is. They have SiS and SiS+ and sometimes you used to have to change channels or you would get Greyhounds. You usually hear the same voices you get on ATR dependant on the course. It may have changed now but I doubt there will much difference.
JollyGreen

I just noticed the picture...it is just voice over, I don't really recall seeing presenters so sadly you may not see Alex!!
superfrank

JollyGreen wrote:I just noticed the picture...it is just voice over, I don't really recall seeing presenters so sadly you may not see Alex!!
she's very easy on the eye.
Iron

I take it Big Mac doesn't quite do it for you? :lol:

Jeff
superfrank wrote:does it have pre-race analysis from SIS equivalents of Alex Quinn?

PeterLe

Hi
I think 8k I a lot of money..however, I came across a blog entry the other day by a guy called Ming Wong ( elite betting, not sure if it still going)
He used SIS for in running
Anyway this guy posted his daily P&L and he appeared to be making more than the cost of the annual sis subscription in a week, so I guess that the cost is all relative.
Is he still trading?? Anyone know?
Regards
Peter
superfrank

PeterLe wrote:Hi
I think 8k I a lot of money..however, I came across a blog entry the other day by a guy called Ming Wong ( elite betting, not sure if it still going)
He used SIS for in running
Anyway this guy posted his daily P&L and he appeared to be making more than the cost of the annual sis subscription in a week, so I guess that the cost is all relative.
Is he still trading?? Anyone know?
Regards
Peter
I met him at Elitebet in Highgate about 18 months ago. He showed me round - it's an old bookies and looks closed from the outside, but inside it is makeshift trading rooms for about 20 in-running players. They charge for a seat per day or month and have SIS and a superfast internet pipe which cost 80k to install. It's a bit grubby inside - one of the old RUK pundits was in there - he traded there on his days off.

It was a real eye-opener and Ming Wong seemed like a nice guy with plenty of stories to tell.
hgodden

I may be wrong here but isn't it true that these days SIS don't carry all the courses so you'd need to pay for TurfTV as well?
JollyGreen

hgodden wrote:I may be wrong here but isn't it true that these days SIS don't carry all the courses so you'd need to pay for TurfTV as well?
Yes you are correct SIS is for ATR and TurfTV is for RUK. You can only get the TurfTV feed if you are a Bookmaker.

I think the OP was looking to replace the annoying ATR service.
PeterLe

hgodden wrote:I may be wrong here but isn't it true that these days SIS don't carry all the courses so you'd need to pay for TurfTV as well?
thanks Frank
is Ming still active do you know?
Im in London a few times a month, so might pop in next time I'm there.
his blog wasn't very informative as such,but his P&L screen shots showed h e was making good money
JollyGreen

I heard that Ming had stopped trading IR at Elite Bet. That is unconfirmed but I have a couple of friends that live near Elite and another who visits regularly. The word is he now trades direct from the course.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”